Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Math Materials Organization

Today's post is all about math materials. This is an area where I need help. I will probably be changing most of this next year because I want more of my materials out and available to the students. That way I will remember to utilize more materials.  :)

Thank you Mrs. Patton for starting this Linky Party! I am loving it! Go check it out. There are some great ideas posted!

So here it goes...

I have most of my materials in these labeled drawers. The drawers are semi-organized inside. I separated all the materials and put them in baggies. This has stayed looking pretty good, but other things have found their way into the drawers, if you know what I mean.

I love my math baskets. This is an idea I got from Aly Fox's website. The kids LOVE going to math baskets. I have filled them with hands on materials, paper activities, dry erase markers, etc.





I would really like to do math small groups and rotations every day, but that is not working out this year. I am thinking about trying that next year. It is just difficult because we spend such a large block of time for literacy every day. Right now I have the kids use the math baskets if we have a little extra time or if they have done a good job controlling themselves that day. They always choose to get a math basket on Fun Friday.

Here are the labels for my baskets. Go to Aly's website for more information! The link is above.





So, nothing spectacular from me. I just like sharing!





8 comments :

Mrs. Patton said...

Thanks for linking up your post! I really like the math baskets. They look very nice!

Colleen Patton
Mrs. Patton’s Patch

Anonymous said...

I love the math baskets! I want to know more about them!
Stephanie Carriker

Laura said...

I love the idea of having a basket for each skill. I can't see all of them on the picture. Would you mind posting what the name is for each of your baskets?? :)

Laura
thegradetwozoo.blogspot.com

Christie said...

What a great idea! I am new to second grade this year as well. I tried to download your google docs but keep getting sent to a page that asks for my mesquite password??? Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Morris said...

Ok. I think I fixed the problem. You should be able to download it now.

The Peterson Family said...

Still not letting my download it - or save it to google docs. I will check back soon:)

love2teach2day said...

Thanks for linking up at Math Monday Blog Hop! Hope to see you there each week! :)

Love, Polka Dot said...

I love this idea, it looks so neat. Ive been trying to figure out how to do it and I think I found it! Thanks :)

Post a Comment