Saturday, March 26, 2011

TEKS poster

I am very excited about my newest creation. We are required to state the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills) for each lesson during the day. I admit that I am terrible about this. I have not been able to find a workable system for this all year. I think I have finally solved my problem. :o)


First, I bought a black poster board. Second,  I printed the different pages for each subject. I added the blue mattes because that is the color I am going to base my room on next year. Third, I inserted each page into a page protector. I LOVE page protectors. They are my new favorite teaching tool. I cut off the holes and cut down the ones I needed smaller. Finally, I glued it all to the poster board.

I am so excited about this. All I will have to do it write the TEKS with a dry erase marker and erase with a kleenex at the end of the day. Quick and easy! Just what I was looking for! I am going to hang this at the front of my classroom, right beside my Promethean Board. 

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I love this poster! I have been trying to think of a great way to show ALL the TEKS for the day! Thanks so much for sharing!

Jill G said...

This is a brilliant idea! I might even start using it in my college classrooms! :D

Janna said...

I created one for my classroom today. Love this idea! So easy to change and easily accessible. :) Thanks for sharing!

Vrichardson said...

Awesome idea. Thank you for sharing it.

Post a Comment