Thursday, March 31, 2011

What do I do with this stuff?

This is my third year of teaching, my first year in my district, and my first year in 2nd grade. So... I have a lot of work to do. There are still many things I need to work on, included organizing all the "stuff" I inherited in my room. Here are two examples:


I have a love/hate relationship with the new reading adoption. I LOVE the materials and all the resources available to us. They are great! I also HATE the materials and resources because there are so many and I don't know where to put them! I am hoping to find some shelving to make this area more accessible. 


This is just some random materials that I stuffed on top of one of the library shelves. I guess I could hang some butcher paper to cover the area... I need to spend quite a bit of time just going through everything. The good thing about this organization week is that it is inspiring me to look at all the places in my room where I keep materials and evaluate. I feel like I haven't looked up since August.  :) Now I know what I use, what I need close at hand, and what I can hide away. Soon I will be in label maker heaven!

Go check out Mrs. Patton's blog to see the other organizational posts!


0 comments :

Post a Comment