Thursday, April 28, 2011

School Year Success

I was just wishing for a linky party and Kristen delivered.

Link up!

My biggest success this year has been working with one boy in my class.

At the beginning of the year (starting the first day), he threw crazy fits when he didn't get his way. He would throw himself on the floor, roll around kicking and screaming. This happened more times than I could count. He was crazy defiant.

I am happy to say that he hasn't thrown a fit since December. Yay! His behavior has improved by 95%. He listens to me and is respectful. We still have some problems, but they are minor.

I am so proud of his progress. There are several other kids in my class that have made similar progress, but nothing as drastic as this boy.

4 comments :

Kristen said...

It's so great when students make such improvement! What an achievement, for both of you! Thanks so much for linking up :)

JenniferL said...

You'll always remember this boy. My first year I had the boy nobody wanted. He was so upset that he was retained and had moved, etc. To this day he is still my most favorite student of all time. (Ok, now I'm crying thinking about him! I'm such a sap!)

rowdyinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

Donut Diva said...

Oh please share what you did. I wish I could say I had such success with my boy in my class but no such luck.

Mrs. Morris said...

I just never let him win. I enforced everything I said to him. It was REALLY difficult for the first 2 six weeks of school. The screaming/crying fits and defiant behavior were hard to work around. It took a lot of time and relationship building. I love this little boy, so I am very happy that he can control himself better and be successful in school.

Post a Comment