Monday, April 4, 2011

Techy Tools Linky Party

I am joining up with Miss Snowden to talk about my favorite technology tools.

I am very blessed to work at a school with access to tons of technology. We have a computer lab, laptop carts, an ipod cart, a Promethean board, ActivExpression voters, an Elmo, and eReaders.


I have student computers in my room that the students use daily and I pick up two laptops every morning. I have four eReaders that the kids use daily. I love using the voters to make the Promethean board even more interactive. I create PowerPoints and flipcharts for the Promethean board for all subjects.

My favorite new program to use with the students is Comic Life. It is a great kid friendly program that is cheap. You can quickly add pictures and text.


We have used it once in the computer lab. I let the kids explore and use the built in camera on their computers to add pictures. Tomorrow we will be going to the computer lab to work on an actual project I  made for them. They are going to drag a picture of an animal from the server and then answer a few prompts. Then they will move it to my dropbox where I can grade them. I hope it goes good! Here is an example of what can be created. I made this at the class I took on Comic Life through my district.



Just ignore the crazy picture of me in the corner.  :/ We got a little silly during the class when we were using the camera on our computers.

Anyway, I love using all the technology tools. I am hoping to get my masters in Technology Instruction. We will see.

2 comments :

Jena Snowden said...

WOW! You have some AWESOME resources available to you. I have seen comic life but have never played with it. I will have to check it out. Thanks for linking up!

Jena
1st Grade with Miss Snowden

Leann said...

Hey!!
Another Red Raider!! I love it and I totally love your blog. Thanks so much for being open to share your ideas.
Guns Up!

Post a Comment