Tuesday, May 3, 2011

iMovie and Testing Strategies

We have to take a Reading Diagnostic next week (end of year). The kids have to read 3 passages and answer questions about all three. I have been really apprehensive about this because of our scores from the Reading Diagnostic in January. 
We took a practice test today and it was GOOD NEWS! 

Nine commended and all but one passed. I am so happy! 

They need more practice with 4 skills. Figuring out the meaning of an underlined word, sequencing, main idea (it seems like I have beat that one to death, but I guess not), and using diagrams.

I decided today, after scoring their papers, that I needed to make something that would give them a new look at these concepts. I hope I accomplished that with these two videos.

video


video

Let me know what you think!

0 comments :

Post a Comment