Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Speech Bubble Stories

I have not been able to post much these last few weeks. My end of the year checklist just keeps growing and growing and GROWING! I have been slowly going through the stuff in my room and I didn't realize all the places I had stuffed things this year. I will NOT be doing that next year. (At least that is what I am telling myself.)

I don't think I am going to move rooms (praying that I don't have to!), so I am trying to organize and simplify. Always the goal, right?

I wanted to share a few of my favorite speech bubble stories with you. We were studying Mo Willems style of writing. He writes Elephant and Piggie books. I LOVE them and so do the kids. I just laugh out loud when I read them. He also writes the Pigeon series, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! 

I challenged my students to do the same kind of stories. Here is the first one we did. I gave them the prompt: "I don't want to go to bed!" I knew they could all identify with that!

Here are the 3 funniest!








1 comments :

Mrs. Shepherd said...

Love this idea! I will be teaching 2nd in the fall after teaching first this year so this idea really seems like something my kiddos would love. Will definately follow your blog!

mysecondgradejournal.blogspot.com

Post a Comment