Friday, June 24, 2011

Getting ready to dive into The Book Whisperer




Thinking of Teaching is hosting a read along of The Book Whisperer and I am joining in! These are the same questions she asked the author, Donalyn Miller.

Go check our Donalyn Miller's blog, too!

1) What is your favourite book (or series) from childhood?
     My favorite series were Nancy Drew, Babysitter's Little Sister, Babysitter's Club, American Girl, and the Little House on the Prairie books. I loved reading as a kid. I have wonderful memories of going to the library in the summers for the summer reading club!
2) What is your favourite book (or series) now?
     I love Pride and Prejudice, the Harry Potter series, books by Francine Rivers (especially the Mark of the Lion series), Hunger Games, and most recently the Mortal Instruments series.
3) What is your opinion of e-readers?
     I want a Nook so bad! I use Sony ereaders in my classroom and the kids love them. I don't think I will ever completely change over because there is just something special about holding a new, thick book in your hands knowing you are going to eat it up page by page.
4) Finish this sentence: "On Sundays I like to..."
     On Sundays I like to go to church, eat with family, and relax. My husband is our youth minister and he leads singing quite a bit. My father-in-law is our preacher. Sundays are great days!
5) Describe yourself in 5 words!
     Wife, teacher, lover of technology
6) Hardcover or paperback? Why?
     PAPERBACK! I hate reading hardcover books because they are difficult to hold. I know, such a big deal! I will buy hardcovers on occasion, like when I just have to read the book as soon as it is available or I see it.  :)
7) Coffee or Tea?
     Sweet tea is amazing.
Click to read the review on Amazon
and to preview the book.
I am looking forward to this book read along. It should be great! Plus, I really think this book is going to inspire me and in turn help my students this year.

Stay tuned!

1 comments :

Beth said...

I loved Nancy Drew as a kid too! My mom and I used to go around looking for the old hard cover ones and I have almost all of them.
Thanks for joining in.
Beth

Post a Comment