Saturday, June 11, 2011

Homework Log


So, it may be summer, but I am in school mode right now. I want to make things easier for next year. I am looking for simplicity in everything.

I am going to be doing a homework journal this year, so I don't have to make a million copies for homework every week.

I knew that I needed a way to document when the kids do the homework, so I printed out a record on 4x6 index cards. I will be able to keep 4 six weeks worth of homework records on one card. I numbered them for easy access because I assign my kids numbers at the beginning of the year.


Kids will have homework 4 days a week (Mon-Thurs). If they complete their homework they will get a check mark in the corresponding box. If they get a check for all 4 days that week, they will get to roll the dice and play Homeworkopoly. This will be my first year to use Homeworkopoly. I hope it is a good reward. :)

I will take up their homework journals on Fridays so I can take a closer look at them. This is the plan right now, we will see how it changes.


2 comments :

Ashley said...

Fun ideas!

Elizabeth said...

I really like this idea. Thanks!

Post a Comment