Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Little Bird Tales - I am so excited!



So I heard about Little Bird Tales from another blog that I follow. I visited the site and I LOVE it. I can't wait to incorporate it this year!

Some ideas I already have are:

  • Use it to introduce rules and routines at the beginning of the year
  • a way to publish our writing pieces
  • retelling stories
  • cumulative assessment of different units
  • a creative way to show our knowledge of math
I love that the kids can draw their own pictures on the computer or upload clip art or their own art. I am so happy to have found this. Plus it has a feature for saving or sending via email. AWESOME!

It is fairly easy to set up. You create an account as the teacher. Then you can add a class and then students in your class. Each student has a login and password. Little Bird Tales will store their work for them until you are ready to save it elsewhere. I love that they will be able to go back in and look at their work. It will make them feel so proud!

This is what every homepage looks like:


The students only have the option to create a new tale. Since I was logged in as the teacher, it shows the managing buttons.












Click on Create a Tale and this is the page you see:

I LOVE the features for each page. You get to choose a title and name yourself as the author. Then you can upload pictures or draw using their program.

Then, and this is my favorite part, you can add your voice reading the page. This makes it perfect for fluency and speaking skills.

I wish I knew about this program last year, because my students would have loved doing this. Oh well. I will be using it a lot next year!



Let me know if you have any other ideas! I would love to hear them!

4 comments :

Mrs. Shepherd said...

What an awesome resource! I'm a new follower of your blog would love for you to follow mine.

mysecondgradejournal.blogspot.com

SunnyDays said...

Wow - thanks for sharing. This looks so awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

is there any down side to using little bird tales in the classroom

Mrs. Morris said...

Truthfully, I am not sure. I have not used it in my classroom yet. I will let you know when I do!

Post a Comment