Thursday, June 23, 2011

Spelling Dictionary and Fluency Poems

I am posting like crazy! I just wanted to share what I have been working on!

I am so proud of my Spelling Dictionary! This is a resource for my students to keep all year. We will be recording our spelling words and word wall words in our dictionaries every week. First we will turn to the back, date our list, and add our words. Then we will put them on the right page in alphabetical order. I want this to be a reference tool for the week during spelling practice and during writing time. This is not my original idea, I saw something like it on a blog somewhere! I thought it was a wonderful idea and adapted it for my room. Here it is if you are interested!
Spelling Dictionary

I am also going to be doing a lot of fluency activities this coming year. I plan on having a fluency folder with fresh reads that we do every morning, but I wanted to tie in poetry this year. (I had fluency folders last year.) So I looked around on the internet and found one poem for every week in the year. Some go with the holidays and some are "educational." I plan on doing these every Monday and the kids  will keep them in their fluency folders. Please take and use them if you want!

Fluency Poems to Print

The last thing I want to share right now is my data page for each student. I think this is going to be a good resource even if it will be a pain to keep up with. I really like data and looking at how my students are growing. This last year, I wished for a central location for my student's grades and testing data. I created this to help. Just ignore the first page!

Testing Data and Grades

2 comments :

Jayne said...

Rebecca,
I would love a copy of your poems for fluency practice, but unfortunately Scribd is not allowing me to download them. Could you email them to me at jaynedane@yahoo.com?

Jayne

Anonymous said...

FYI: There is a typo in the first fluency poem.

Post a Comment