Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Transition Linky Party

Little Miss Kindergarten and Learning Ahoy! is hosting a linky party about classroom transitions and music in the classroom.

This year I am changing how I do things. When I taught Pre-k we did a lot of songs and things like that. I changed to 2nd last year and I thought the songs I used in Pre-K were way to young. I have found the solution. Things work so much better with music. Everyone is more upbeat, smiling, and energetic when there is music playing. You are thinking, well duh. I know.

After a summer staff development day with Rich Allen, I decided I had to step up my game when it came to music in my classroom. A major way I am going to use it is to transition.

Beginning of the Day Playlist

  • What's New Pussycat
  • Baby Elephant Walk
  • Peaceful Easy Feeling
  • Wishing and Hoping
  • Party in the USA
  • That'll Be the Day
  • Build Me Up Buttercup
Transition Playlist

  • 100 Years
  • Suddenly I See
  • I Was Here
  • This is Your LIfe
  • Never Grow Up
  • Stand By Me (lining up?)
  • Taking Care of Business (cleaning up?)
  • Don't Stop
  • Don't Stop Believin
  • I Like to Move It Move It
  • Shake Your Groove Thing
Fun Playlist

  • Do Wah Diddy
  • The Twist
  • Shake, Rattle and Roll
  • YMCA
  • Funkytown
  • Party in the USA
  • Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
  • Chorus Hallelujah
  • Celebration
  • Lollipop
  • The Lion Sleeps Tonight
Calming Playlist

  • Moonlight Sonata
  • Outdoor sounds
  • Claire di Lune
  • Josh Groban songs
  • Vivaldi's Spring
End of the Day Playlist
  • Who Let the Dogs Out
  • Hit the Road Jack
  • I Want to Hold Your Hand
  • Something to Talk About
  • Chorus Hallelujah
  • Don't Stop Believin
  • Celebration
  • Play That Funky Music
I am really excited! I have the songs all organized into playlists in iTunes. I just need my new dock and iPod. What do you think about these songs?

3 comments :

Mel D said...

I'm a new follower...I love your playlists! How fun!

Mel D
Oh the Places We’ll Go

Denise said...

Love, love, love this! I've always used music in my class, especially as a reward. They (& I) love to do the Cha-Cha Slide and Macarena!

2ndgradeponderings.blogspot.com

Paula Rushia said...

I was looking for a list like this, many thanks from a new follower!

Post a Comment