Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Best Session at CAMT!

Today we got to see 3 sessions. It was great to see Stuart J. Murphy. His books are wonderful.
 


Then we listened to Greg Tang. His math games website is great. He will be coming out with some amazing math games on Sept. 1 of this year. I can't wait to subscribe. He said it is going to be about $30 for a year's subscription. I can't wait to use some of his strategies. He was hilarious today!

The best session at CAMT so far has been Foldables by Dinah Zike. If you have never heard of her and her great ideas, you need to check out her website. I am completely in love! I bought this book today because I am going to be focusing on journal work this year.

Here are pictures of what we made in the session today.









They gave us these. I love it!



7 comments :

Mrs. E said...

I love {love, love} Dinah Zike! I got to meet her about a year and a half ago...sweet, sweet woman. She is so knowledgeable and has so many amazing ideas!
-Audrey
The Sweet Life of Third Grade

Adrienne said...

these are great!

Ramona said...

This gives me a good idea of a flip book for small group or a lesson.

Denise said...

I am so jealous! This year our district isn't paying for any workshops because of budget cuts. Last year I was able to go to a week of Math Solutions and it was GREAT!

Love Dinah Zike, we do a lot of journals.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing!

2ndgradeponderings.blogspot.com

Lauren LaRae said...

I want this so bad!!! She's coming to Austin in January and I'm hoping to convince my principal to let me go!!! (Prayers are being said!)

Donna said...

I was looking at the book you mentioned above. On her catalog it says it is for 4th - College. Were you able to preview it and if so...did you find that it could work for 2nd graders? I am really thinking about purchasing it for this school year as we are required to have interactive math and science journals. Thanks!!!

Mrs. Morris said...

I bought the book and it applies to our 2nd graders too. It has ideas for using the foldables in journals. I am in the process of making an example journal that goes with our curriculum so that I know what we are doing next. You should buy it!

Post a Comment