Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Organization for Students and Me

This is what goes in my kids Take Home folders. I staple it to the inside left pocket. It stays there for the entire six weeks. I note their behavior and write notes back and forth with parents. It is also how I make sure they remember things like early release, parties, picture day, and PTA programs.

It isn't always easy to keep up with these every day, but I felt like I needed that communication with parents every day. It helped the behavior in my room. I need to find good stamps to note how they did. Last year I just used a marker to draw the appropriate smiley face. We will see what I come up with for this year.

I know that most people won't be able to use this because of different schedules, but if you are interested, just comment and let me know. I will send it to you in PowerPoint format so you can edit that dates and things to fit your classroom.
Behavior Chart 11-12

We are starting a new reading assessment system next year and I am trying to see how I am going to go about scheduling it. I went to a workshop our district set up with the literacy coordinator and she said that we need to assess the developing readers every 2-3 weeks. We are required to level the kids at the end of each six weeks. So I was trying to see where I can fit in the assessment of those developing readers.

I came up with this six weeks planner. I am going to use it to keep up with other things as well. The problem that I am running into is that this new system, the DRA2, is lengthy. It looks like it will be an awesome tool, but it is going to be difficult to fit it into the day.

I could probably do some during PE a few times a six weeks, but that is the time that I pull for tutoring. It get kinda complicated. When I sit down to schedule out time, there is never enough to go around. (sigh)

Anyway, I am trying to be super organized this coming year. I don't want to spend as much time at school. Last year I practically lived in my classroom. I don't want to do that this year. Let me know what you think.
Six Weeks Planner 11-12

14 comments :

sam said...

Hi Becca! I LOVE your Behavior Chart! So simple and clean looking yet it totally gets the job done! Could you email it to me in PP so I can edit and use?? I would love to implement this in my classroom this year! Thanks!

sspelts@eusd4kids.org

Abby said...

I like your behavior chart alot! I used something similar with stamps and it was blissfully easy. I had one of the kids walk around and stamp everyone while I made notes in the folders who needed more of a "note." :)

C Saulter said...

Can you email me the PPT of this?
THANK YOU! I need something for better documented parent communication! ;)
thewindmin@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Can you email me the PPT of this? I like this a lot! thewindmin@gmail.com

Sunny said...

Hi Becca! Thanks for visiting me at my blog and commenting. I love "meeting" new teacher friends :) I'm now following you as well!


I love this behavior chart! Soooo much better than what I have used in the past. I would love a copy in Powerpoint if it's not too much trouble!

sunnie1978 [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks!

Mrs. Morris said...

It has been sent ladies!

Kay said...

I would also like a copy of your Powerpoint and t@mexiaisd.nethanks in advance for your time and talents.

kgoodrum@mexiaisd.net

Dani said...

I just came across your blog and love your behavior chart! It is a huge improvement over what I was using last year!!! Could you e-mail me the powerpoint file? Thanks soooo much!!!

danijdelso@gmail.com

Ashlee said...

I love your chart!! Could you also email it to? A soon to be 1st year teacher like myself could use all the help given to me so I won't panic in a few weeks :-)

Mrs. Morris said...

@Ashlee I would love to email you the powerpoint version. Just leave a comment with your email address!

teach2learn said...

Hi! I'm enjoying exploring your site. This will be my first year in 2nd grade... Woo hoo! Will you send me your behavior chart in PPT? Thanks so much!

Hannah hrh1104@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi. Love your blog. Can you send me your behavior chart as well.
yanks11@verizon.net
Thanks so much.

Alyson said...

Hello! Could you please send me your behavior chart, also?
alyson.huston@gmail.com
Your blog is absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas!

Anonymous said...

So, I'm a little late on this...can you still send me the ppt version and behavior chart? I am new to 2nd grade and can't wait to see what all you have to offer!!

Post a Comment