Sunday, July 3, 2011

Student Nameplates

So I was inspired by Brittany at A Day in First Grade.

She made nameplates for her students and I thought I could do the same thing. I wanted to get the custom ones from Really Good Stuff, but they are very expensive. I made some just to see how much they would be and the total was over $50! No way!
Nameplates

I have always just bought cheap ones at the store, but I want something different this year. Hopefully I can teach the students the use the nameplates as a reference tool.

What do you think?

9 comments :

Colleen said...

That is fantastic! What program did you use to create these! I want to make my own!! :-)

Mrs. Morris said...

I just used PowerPoint. I made shapes and added the other stuff with pictures and text boxes. I love PowerPoint you can do almost anything with it.

Denise said...

I Love this idea! I also went to Really Good Stuff to customize my own and they were really expensive! Yours are Super Cute!

I love your resources on here. You've got some great ideas. There aren't too many 2nd grade blogs out there and I LOVE yours. :)

Thanks a Bunch!
2ndgradeponderings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

WOW! Why didn't I think of this?!?!? This is suuuuuch a clever idea! I agree, those nameplates are EXPENSIVE; plus, this way you can customize what you want on them! Thanks so much!

Wendi said...

Thanks soooooo very much for sharing these. They're EXACTLY what I have wanted to make, but of course, you saved me the work! ;) Love your blog!

Mrs. Morris said...

Your welcome!!!

Micah said...

What will you print them on? Cardstock?

Mrs. Morris said...

Since I will tape them to their desks with clear packing tape, I am just going to print them on regular paper.

Kaylees Education Studio said...

These name plates look great and will be so useful.

Kaylee's Education Studio

Post a Comment