Thursday, July 7, 2011

Welcome Note

Last year I had a welcome letter and a small bag waiting on each student's desk. I am going to do that again this year, but tweaked a little. I am going to add the welcome letter to the bag because last year some of them were lost or crumpled up in the back of desks. =)

I have the pencil and eraser on the desk for them, but they have to put the bag in their backpacks for when they get home. That way the kids have a pencil and eraser ready to go in the morning. We will go through all the school supplies as the day goes on, but that way they can get to work at their desks right away.
Welcome Note

What fun thing do you do on the first day?

2 comments :

Adrienne said...

This is a wonderful activity and I am definitely going to use it! Thanks!

Donut Diva said...

A while ago I got a book from Scholastic that has some first day of school mazes word finds and crossword puzzles. i have the kids work on them while they are coming in until we are ready to get started on talking about our normal routine. In the packet I also have one of those sheets where you have the kids find someone who has blue eyes, and someone who rides the bus etc. We use this as one of the get to know you games during the day.
Heidi
www.bandedup.blogspot.com

Post a Comment