Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back to School Lists

Hi! Long time no see! I have not had much to share lately. It seems like I go for about a week without a post and then post several in a night. Hmmm. I guess my brain just has to reorganize itself once a week.  =)

I just thought I would share a few of my lists for back to school. I am a LIST person. I make lists for just about everything.

Back to School Shopping:
-iPod Touch
-iPod dock
-folders
I saw this on Pinterest and I am
planning on making my own!
-crayons
-spirals
-composition notebooks
-dry erase markers
-pencils (always need pencils!)
-germ-X
-small rings
-ear buds (Dollar Tree!)
-large index cards (I like printing on them.)
-clips (for our clip chart)
-spray paint
-page protectors
-caution tape
-New clothes and shoes, too!

Classroom Expectations

Thanks to Ladybug's Teacher Files, I am going to be better prepared for new students this year.

I am going to put extra of everything from the beginning of school.

That way when I have a new kid come in November, January, April, etc. I will not have to scramble to stock their desk and find the papers they need to take home.




I am going to do this for beginning of the year pictures. It is going to be awesome.

I have a black background and a white frame. It is going to be simple. I might put them in black and white.

I will post them on my student blog some time during the first week of school. (hopefully) Our small version of photo booth in our room!


I am in love with this bulletin board idea. I am trying to recreate it. We shall see how it turns out.

I think it would be a great place to post upcoming events and announcements. Not to mention pictures of us working and playing.

I can also put up pictures of our Principal, Assistant Principal, Nurse, Superintendent, etc. for the kids to get to know those important faces.





Copies To Be Made:
-Fluency folder passages
-Documentation pages
-Reading Interest Survey
Beginning of the Year Reading Interest Survey
-General Information Packet for parents
-UPSL journals for the first six weeks
-Newsletters for the first week
-DRA2 testing papers
-Behavior charts for Take-Home folders

To Do In My Room:
-Set up Author of the Month board
-hallway display for student work
-guided reading materials ready
-DRA2 testing materials
-organize library
-set up all technology
-Phonics Dance Board

Anyway, that is all I can think of right now.  =)

5 comments :

MrsMc said...

I'm with you! Lists have helped me stay on track while working in my classroom. I tend to start something and stop and find something else to do lol!

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

Mrs. S. said...

I love the facebook board. I can't get the picture to enlarge enough to see it. Could you forward a copy to my e-mail? Melly423@aol.com

I've been meaning to say this: I love, love, love the picture of your dogs and cat. :) I have 3 pets~all dogs {I'm allergic to cats :(} and that picture just cracks me up! I wish my darlings would lie down like that so I could get such a cool picture. Did you pose them?

Melly <><


Second Grade Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

Mrs. Morris said...

@Mrs. S-No I didn't pose them. It's hard to believe I know. I was sitting on the floor in front of our couch and looked over my shoulder. They were all cuddled up! I was amazed that I could grab my camera and take this picture without them jumping down. It is my favorite!

Marisa said...

Thank you SO much for posting your list of classroom expectations, as well as your parent information packet.

I've been working on a list of expectations/procedures for my class and even though I've been teaching for 5 years now, I still like seeing examples from other teachers!!

Marisa
iDream.iPlan.iTeach

Emily said...

Thank you for that reading interest survey! It will be great for the beginning of the year!

Post a Comment