Monday, August 15, 2011

I Love My Classroom!

I am really loving my classroom this year. I have put a lot of thought, time and effort into it. I wanted to share the last few things I have been working on.

As I was blog stalking at the beginning of the summer I ran across a post that inspired me. A first grade teacher uses tables with her groups of desks. You can check out the post on Booky4First!


So I asked my wonderful dad if he could make tables like this for me. He is amazing at this kind of thing.

 
He made me 4 tables like these! Next, I spray painted them in my backyard.

Here is the finished project!

Photobucket

And here they are in my classroom. This is my favorite part of my room right now!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Love it! Thanks Dad, they are perfect!!!!

My other project for today was inspired by Pinterest (imagine that). A homeschool Mom uses this for her calendar time.



I love this and I thought it would be a great way to keep track of our days in school and the date. So I created my own!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This will be for keeping track of how many days we have been in school.

Photobucket

Here are all the components if you want them!
Date Board

Update   7/17/2012
I don't have any measurements for the benches. I did measure them, but I don't remember. All I did was arrange the desks the way I wanted them in a group. I measured from the floor to just under the lip of the desks for the height. I measured the length of 2 desks for the length. I measured the length of the book boxes that would be sitting on top of the benches and added about 3 inches to that. I would say that you need to make these unique to your desks. Good luck!

22 comments :

Amanda said...

Love your colored tables! Those are perfect for between student desks. I love that it holds supplies and gives kiddos a little more personal space. Lucky you to have such a handy dad! Thanks for sharing! ~Amanda @ The Teaching Thief

Emily said...

Your room looks great! I love the idea of those tables between the desks! I have rectangular tables in my room so it makes it a little easier since everything can easily go in the middle of the table!
Your calendar turned out so cute...I've seen that one on Pinterest as well! :)

amy.lemons said...

Absolutely love those tables!

Tarita said...

Wow, lucky you to have such a handy dad! Looks great. Thanks for sharing the calendar idea, I loved it right away!

Tiggeriffic 2nd Graders said...

Those are great little tables! I've seen that calendar thing too and am going to use some of it too! Yours is very cute!
Thanks for sharing!
Stacee

Erika said...

I saw your tables and went ah-ha...hubby, I have another project for you! He is still groaning. Especially since school starts in one week. What a fabulous idea. Do you have measurements?
http://www.2bhoneybunch.blogspot.com/

sydney said...

Umm WOW! I love your room too. Does your dad want to take a trip to Atlanta? :)
Thanks for sharing your date materials!
Lessons Learned

Booky4First said...

Your "tables" look great--much more sturdy than mine. :) I like that you color coded them. Because they are tall enough to touch the student desks they won't slide under the desks!

Amy said...

Wow, that is so smart!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...this calendar thing was on my pinterst board too!! Thank you so much for sharing. I did want to let you know that on the days in school number cards, the number 2 is missing

April Brown said...

I can see why you love your room. It's well organized and clutter free. I really do like the benches your dad made for you. I've often thought of how teachers did that. The furniture at school doesn't even come close to doing such a thing. I'm also impressed with how they won't be falling over at inappropriate times and the kids are able to see over the them because the tubs are down lower.
It looks amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Ms. Brown's Grade 2 Class

Becky (Denton) Berry said...

I'm sitting on my living room floor cutting up all the calendar parts and just noticed the #2 is missing! If you get a chance, do you mind sending me the #2?

Thanks for sharing your awesome creations!

reberry@dsdmail.net

Mrs. Morris said...

When I get home tonight I will repost with the #2. Sorry!

Mrs. Morris said...

I updated the post. Now the scribd document has the twos. I can't believe I didn't notice that. Oh well. Thanks for letting me know!

Jacquie Gal said...

I also love the tables! Could you email me the measurements? My handy husband says he will make them for me. Love your blog!

jkmkcgal@juno.com

Ebuck said...

I'm a new follower! I found your blog through Pinterest when I saw your calendar parts! Also LOVE your tables. I need to borrow your dad. =)

Emily
secondgradesillies.blogspot.com

Kayla said...

I love your tables! I am teaching 5th grade and they are soo unorganized. These tables will help eliminate most of that. Can you please send me the measurements? kayla.dee22@gmail.com

hsease said...

Hello!!!

Adore your tables!! Can you please send me the measurements? Thank you!!!

hsease99@hotmail.com

jhiller115 said...

These tables are great. Could you send me the measurements also? Thank you. tjhiller@msn.com

Tiffany Swain said...

I love those tables!! Could you send me the measurements too?? Thank you:)

Tiffany Swain said...

Sorry...my email is tiffanyswain01@gmail.com...thanks again

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog...those benches are great! could I possibly have those measurements too?? Thanks, Dina Frisch-Israel by email is fourbanot@hotmail.com

Post a Comment