Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the Teacher Monday

I am joining up for some Blog Hoppin' fun!

Tell me a little something about you:



How long have you been teaching?

This will be my 4th year. I graduated in 2008 and wasn't able to find a teaching job. I worked for Head Start before I was hired at Levelland ABC to teach Pre-K. My husband and I moved back to our hometown last summer and I started working in the school district where we graduated. This will be my second year in second grade.

You might not know...

I was Color Gaurd captain my junior and senior year of high school. My husband was a Drum Major his junior and senior year of high school. We loved being a part of the band!

What are you looking most forward to this school year?

I am excited about introducing all sorts of new technology to my students. We are going to be working with all sorts things this year.

What do you need to improve?

I need to work on my writing instruction. I have a hard time teaching the mechanics of writing. I will be working on that this year.

What teaching supplies can you not live without?

Post-it notes, flair pens, purple pens, Promethean board, and my iMac!


2 comments :

Stephanie Taylor said...

Hi everyone! This is my first full year teaching 2nd grade. I graduated in 09 with a B.S. in Elementary Ed, and could not find a job right out of college. I subbed at several school for the first year, then got an assistant position in SK last August. One of the 2nd grade teachers decided to leave in December, therefore they pulled me up to teach 2nd grade. I was so blessed to get the position I have always wanted. I LOVE 2nd GRADE! I graduated with a M.S. in Reading this past May 2011 which I was so happy to be finished with. I enjoy using as much technology as possible each day in my classroom. Since I teach at an all boys school, it helps me keep my students that much more engaged in their learning. My school recently sent me to Project Zero at Harvard! It was an amazing week and changed my whole outlook on teaching. We used post it notes for everything to make our learning visible, therefore each of my boys has a post it notepad on their desks. It is such a great way to get them all thinking in order to write down what they are learning. Sometimes you may have the same few boys raise their hands, but when they all have to write something down, it engages every student in your class.

Kim said...

Writing can be so hard to teach, can't it? Definitely something I could work on too!

Post a Comment