Tuesday, August 2, 2011

So excited about the Phonics Dance!

I was lucky enough to go to a workshop with Ginny Dowd. She is the author of the Phonics Dance. Check out the website here!

Here is a cute video to give you an idea of what this is all about.



I have made some cards for the "hunks and chunks."
Sound Cards Phonics Dance

When I have my board up in my room I will post a picture of it! I think this is going to make such a big difference in our reading, writing, and spelling this year.

Has anyone ever used this program? What do you think?

5 comments :

Valerie said...

I learned of the Phonics Dance on another blog, and I'm waiting for my copy to arrive! Thanks for sharing the cards, I'll be trying it this year :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca~
There is an easier way to do the folders where you don't have to use the binder things. You use two folders with brads. I don't think I can explain it, I will just have to show you! ~nicole

Emily said...

I LOVE the Phonics Dance! I had experience with this program in a few of my field placements in college. I'm planning on implementing it whenever I get into a "regular" classroom! (I currently teach reading and kindergarten intervention.)

Mrs. Goodwin said...

I would love to know what you suggest to purchase to get started on the phonics dance. If I just buy the cd and use your cards will I understand how to do it or do I need to buy instructions? Kind of expensive to buy all but wanting to try it in my second grade classroom. Thanks
amsgoodwin@gmail.com

Melissa said...

Thanks for the cards! I just received my Phonics Dance kit and I am super excited to use it this year. Thanks again!!

Post a Comment