Friday, September 2, 2011

Absent

Well, since the year has started I have been absent from the blog world. It has been really good so far.

I have a great class this year. We are going to be able to do tons of stuff!

I am at 22 and I hope we won't get any after Labor Day.

I am getting used to our new schedule, I was only late for music once!

I have been DRA testing, introducing technology, and getting our procedures in place.  =)

We have a math screener and ISIP next week.

Here are the things I love about our day:

1. Writing in the morning  Photo Prompts


2. Morning Flipchart with ActivVotes
 These are fully interactive and I am willing to share. Email me at rmorris at mesquiteisd dot com if you want them!
Week 3 Everyday Routine

3. Literacy Stations


















4. Math
I love teaching math. I don't have anything to share, but I just had to add this!  =)

10 comments :

Ms. Payton said...

I really love the idea of using photos to inspire writing. I have a few students that LOVE writing and can sit there and write for hours. However, most of my class is used to doing writing prompts where they are only told what to write. They don't know how to use their imagination in writing. We are currently working on ways to find inspiration for writing, but it is a work in progress to say the least!

I was wondering if you would be willing to share some of these pictures?

http://teachingwithflare.blogspot.com/

Mrs. S. said...

Please share!

Melly423@aol.com

Melly<><

Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

The Yellow Rocking Chair

Jamie said...

Would you be willing to share the Morning Fipchart with ActiVotes? We have Promethean boards and Reading Street reading series. I would love to borrow! I will give credit to you!! If you're willing, email me at Jamie.rector@Warren.kyschools.us. Thank you oh so much in advance!

Jamie

Valerie said...

I'd love a copy of your flipchart for my SmartBoard! I love the photos, I've found that nothing gets my 2nd graders writing like responding to a cool picture!

mrsfawley@gmail.com thanks so much!

Carrie said...

This is my first year in 2nd grade after 12 years teaching 4th/5th. I have gotten a lot of ideas from your blog - very helpful!! I really love your flipchart for morning routine. If you are willing to share, I'd love to try it out in my room. Thanks so much!!

ccomincioli@d75.lake.k12.il.us

Carrie

Amanda said...

You are one my favorite must-read blogs. I present you with a Top 10 award. Thank you for all the wonderful ideas and inspiratoin ~Amanda @ The Teaching Thief
My Top 10 Awards
Grab Your Button Here

Abby said...

I love this! I'm so glad there is another Promethean bloggy girl out there! :)

BTW - You made my Top Ten!

<3 Third Grade Bookworm

cc said...

Becca, Thank you so very much for the writing prompts! I am overwhelmed! These will help my kiddos so much....you are too kind!
cc

Meghan Mayhew said...

I love your photo writing prompt images! They are so great! I can't wait to see what my students write! I am also your newest follower! :-)

http://www.mrsmayhew.blogspot.com/

~Meghan

Jamie Gruenberg said...

Becca,
Thank you for sharing your idea, using the photo prompts for writing. My students struggle with using their imagination, and I think this would be very helpful in getting them to stretch their imagination. If you would be willing to share that would be wonderful! Thanks!

jgruenberg@nsd131.org

Post a Comment