Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Singing Praises!

I just want to sing the praises of my class. They are great. My stress level is so low. It is amazing! We do have some things to work out, like schedule, talking, testing, talking, low reading levels, and talking. Did I mention talking? I am so happy to say that is my biggest problem! =)

I have a few things to share. Nothing spectacular...

I will be sending these levels home every six weeks after I test the kids.
DRA Levels to Send Home

I use a highlighter to indicate their level. I did this last year and it was a great way to show the kids their growth. I liked to show it to the kids who struggle, because it focuses on their growth and not so much on their level.

I am going to start these soon. Since we are dealing with a paper shortage I am going to use index cards for the kids to keep track of the books they read.



1 comments :

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well with your class! It seems like talking is a problem everywhere. ;0) I love your reading level graph thing. I have something similar for my kinders! I too love how it shows their growth! I hope things continue to go well! ~nicole

Post a Comment