Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Off Topic -- We are building a house!

So I need to focus on something other than school for a little while. I will be posting about our house periodically over the next few months as it is being built. We are super excited! Here is our floor plan:

We added:
-covered front porch
-study has glass french doors and a closet (so it can be a 4th bedroom if needed)
-2 archways (one in entry to kitchen and one at the doorway to bedrooms 2 and 3 and bath 2)
-brick fireplace
-double vanity in master bath
-garden tub and 5ft shower in master bath
-pendant lights hanging over the bar
-additional footage onto back porch slab
-upgraded front door (it's very pretty)

We will have tile and carpet. I have missed carpet.  =)

We will have a fenced yard, full sod and some landscaping, new kitchen appliances including washer and dryer. The windows are beautiful! Everything is energy efficient. So of course I have been planning for what I want to put in our new house. Guess what has been a great resource?

It is a blessing and a curse. Anyone who is on Pinterest know what I am talking about.

Here are a few of my favorite pins at the moment:

I am thinking this would be great on plastic containers as well.







Source: google.com via Rebecca on Pinterest



Source: pbteen.com via Rebecca on Pinterest


Source: google.com via Rebecca on Pinterest





I am so excited! I can't wait until all our permits are approved and they can start. We have been going out to see our lot, but they have not done much.

It is going to be great.

I am so thankful that I have this outlet to share my thoughts, be they creative, depressed, excited, etc.

Have a good evening!

3 comments :

Erika said...

Your bottom pin of the shelf over the window with the curtain rod through the side pieces is what I did in my daughters rooms. But I bought decorative rods with really pretty finials that unscrew on the ends. The finials are a nice touch that makes it look really finished and are easy to take off and on as well as keeping the rod from sliding out and the curtain crashing down. You are very lucky!
2B Honey Bunch

Mrs. S. said...

Congratulations! I remember well the excitement of building. Enjoy every minute!

luv2teachmath said...

Hi,
Congratulations on your house. What an exciting time for you! As someone who has built 3 houses, I have a few suggestions that make a big difference. 1. Put outlets under the eaves of your roof if you hang Christmas lights on your house. It really helps! 2. Put an outlet in the floor of your family room so you can put table lamps around your furniture in the middle of the room and hide the cords under the sofa! You might also think about putting an outlet above your fireplace mantle. 3. Make the counter from your kitchen to your breakfast nook all the same height. It's more user friendly!
Erika 【ツ】
Wild About 2nd Grade

Post a Comment