Monday, December 5, 2011

Whole Brain Teaching

So... I had great aspirations at the beginning of the year. I was going to really jump into Whole Brain Teaching. Yeah, that didn't happen. The only part I really taught my students was the "Class -- Yes" technique. Which works great, by the way!

I am making a resolution today to make this a large part of my classroom from now on. If you don't know what I am talking about, you need to visit the website.



This is a perfect example. I posted about this before school started.  I think the main reason I have not jumped into this (aside from forgetting about it) is that I won't be able to use all of it. I am an all or nothing kind of girl. That is a good and bad thing. 

These are the aspects I am going to implement immediately:
You should go and register on his website. You can email him at Cbiffle@aol.com for any questions. There are great, FREE resources to improve classroom behavior, writing, math speed, and reading speed. There are some great beginning sight word resources that every kindergarten and first grade teacher should know about. I am going to start using the Super Speed 100 with my class this week.

Let me know if you do this! I want to hear about how you work it in your classroom!

5 comments :

Erika said...

I just started using WBT this year and LOVE it! So does my class. I use the class-yes, rules, teach-okay, hands and eyes, Super Speed 100/1000, language power pix, math power pix, and the scoreboard (when I remember!). My school also uses the clip chart.
2B Honey Bunch

Amanda said...

Thanks for posting. This is new to me and I can't wait to learn more over the winter break. I think it will give myself and my class some good energy for January. Thanks! ~Amanda The Teaching Thief

Donut Diva said...

I use the class yes, hands and eyes and super speed 100. love them. when I watch his video i don't think i could teach in those quick bits of time always stopping forkids to replay. We do teach-ok but not as often as is shown on the video. I don't use the scoreboard it got to be like they were just waiting for me to do wrong instead of listening to the lesson. I use the clip chart and love that.

Anonymous said...

I'm starting a new position next week in 1st grade!! I love these ideas! I don't know a lot about this Whole Brain Teaching but I would love to know more!! tdarley1@cox.net

Anonymous said...

I also started the year saying I was going to try this and soon let it fizzle out. We do still use class - yes. Please keep posting how it is going in your room. Thanks!

Post a Comment