Sunday, February 26, 2012

It's been way too long!

Oh wow. I have not posted anything in a really long time! I have been super busy with school. (Like all of us do I am sure.) We have been testing like crazy. I feel like everything we do is in preparation for a test. Not the most fun thing in the world. I have really been struggling with loving teaching this year because of the high stakes testing. I am working through it.  :)

This has helped me:



Be sure you visit my other website for Promethean flipcharts! I am adding to it all the time. I use my board for almost everything.



Here are 3 great websites that I have recently discovered:






Enjoy! I hope your spring semester is going smoothly. Just remember:



5 comments :

Chrissy said...

"I refuse to lose my peace over something inane." I love that. What a great reminder because I lose my peace over too many inane things sometimes.
 Chrissy

First Grade Found Me

Jane said...

We have a national testing program that is only for some year levels - thankfully not mine! It is high-pressure at some schools but my employer (very wise!) does not put much emphasis on the results and we try to play it down as much as we can.
I think that testing at this level has its place and can provide some useful data but the data seems to get twisted around to make dramatic headlines designed to insult teachers, students and schools and stir u angst amongst parents. Unfortunately the big losers are often the children who are put under enormous pressure to jump through hoops for other people and then get delayed feedback which doesn't help their learning in any meaningful way.
Your choice to not let it get the better of you is a good one for your students!
Enjoy teaching. I tell my students that scientists have proven that we remember more when we are having fun. This means the teacher too!

The Learning Curve

Brittney said...

Thanks for sharing the quote! It's very easy to get caught up in the "busyness" of it all. :)
TeachPrayLove

Heather Perkins said...

Love this! If you get a chance head over to my new 2nd grade blog. http://secondgradeperks.blogspot.com/

Heather Perkins said...

Love your blog. Thanks for sharing. Check out my new 2nd grade blog if you get a chance. http://secondgradeperks.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment