Monday, June 25, 2012

Inspiring Monday #1

Don't you just L.O.V.E. Pinterest? It is full of the most inspiring and creative ideas. I could (and have if I am honest) spend hours looking through the amazing ideas of others. I am a very visual person, so I love being able to look through pictures! Just perfect. Click on the button on the right if you want to follow my pins on Pinterest.  =)

Anyway... I find most of my inspiration from Pinterest these days. I wanted to share with you a few ideas for decorating your classroom walls so they are functional and beautiful! I am moving to a new room this year, so I have been looking around at the options. I won't be able to get into my room to work until August, so all I can do now if plan!



I really like the idea of setting aside a place for subject area charts. I think it would be a great resource and record of classroom learning. I need to do more of this, so that I am holding myself accountable.


I really like sectioning off the board. Right now I know I want sections that include spelling words, student expectations, vocabulary, and a super improver wall.


I L.O.V.E. seeing and learning from Kristen at Ladybug's Teacher Files. She is amazing. She has shared these. I recently read the Cafe book and I have big plans!


A great way to dress up your bookshelves! I love the matching colors!


I want this right by my door. I will teach the kids to write their name and destination whenever they leave the classroom. That just keeps things easy and organized. One more thing that I don't have to hold in my mind.


This is the same idea as the CRAFT board. Writing is going to be a major focus for me this coming year, so I was so excited to find this from none other than Kristen at Ladybug's Teacher Files.  =)

I hope some of these inspire you for the planning period known to all teachers as summer.

0 comments :

Post a Comment