Monday, July 30, 2012

Caught You Being Good!

Don't you just L.O.V.E. labels? I know I do!!!

I have been thinking about what to do with my goodie drawer. You know. The drawer that is filled with Target Dollar Spot finds like activity books, crayons, candy (gasp!), and other fun goodies. I used it as the reward for getting to Outstanding! on our clip chart last year. Everyone on Outstanding! at the end of the day got to pick from the drawer. It was a great incentive.

This year I am going to be doing a classroom economy, so when I want to reward the kids, I will give them bonus money. If they improve on behavior or assignments/tests, they will get a star for their name on our Super Improver Wall. So...

What to do with my goodie drawer????


My goodie drawer is going to be more of a random act of kindness reward. It will be totally up to my discretion. I will give students a "sticker," really it is an address label I printed, with the reason they are receiving their reward. It could be for anything! I like to give positive feedback to my students all day long. This is just another fun way to do it!! 

I will tape the above clipart to my drawer.

So here is what I have to share with you today:

The labels all ready to be printed onto Avery 5160 labels.

Click to download

The clipart I created to use however you want.

Click to download

Have fun! The new school year is getting closer and closer. EEEK!


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

9 comments :

Shanyn said...

These are very cute!

Shanyn
Coffee, Kids and Compulsive Lists

meadowt said...

Just printed these!! Thanks for sharing.I am your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by my blog if you get a chance.
Barbara
happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

Julie Sawyer said...

Found you through Manic Monday and am now following.

Julie
Math is Elementary

Kristen said...

What a cool idea! I adore the labels!

Teaching Third said...

I found your blog through Classroom Freebies. Thanks so much for the freebie! I'm your newest follower. Check out my blog at Teaching Third

forkin4th said...

What a great way to make your students feel appreciated and I'm sure they'll love getting caught for being good (instead of for naughtiness)! Thanks for sharing.
Antonia @ forkin4th

Jessica said...

What are you doing for your money reward system? I'm doing a money reward this year, too, giving students random amounts of coins that they can exchange for "goodies". Since they have to learn various combinations of money and how to exchange money, I figured they could earn, combine and exchange money for stuff they want. I plan to put a "price" on things and have a cashier who has to count and give change.

Becca Morris said...

Thanks guys! I am glad you like them.
Jessica: Go to http://www.myclassroomeconomy.org/
I am using these resources.

Aimee said...

I love these tickets! I use one that I got my first year of teaching and it has a similar message, but it is a bit outdated. I still have lots left over from the stash I had a parent volunteer make near the end of the year, but I think I will switch to these when I do run out. They are SOOO cute! Thanks for sharing!

Aimee
Primarily Speaking

Post a Comment