Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Crafty Wednesday #3 ~ Bulletin Board


My school's theme for the next 2 years is "Western" and although I am not a "theme" person I am going to have a western bulletin board outside my classroom. I am excited about having the hallway to display student work. I have been in a portable for the last 2 years, so that wasn't an option.

Title: These boots are made for workin!
Colors: black background with red and blue accents
Border: I am hoping to find red and blue bandanas for a 3D effect.
Materials:


Student's names will go in the frame.
I am pretty excited about this bulletin board! I am going to hot glue the laminated boots and frames to clothes pins. The difficult part is getting the clothes pins to stay attached to the paper on the wall. The humidity and wind through the halls always bring them down. I guess I will start with hot glue, but if you have a better idea please leave a comment and tell me!

And as always, here are the files I used to make the boots and frames!



2 comments :

Chrissy said...

I hope you'll post pictures of the bulletin board when you're done. It seems like it will be really pretty!
Also, I'm hosting an Alphabet Letter Exchange if you're interested in participating. You can read the post here http://www.firstgradefoundme.blogspot.com/2012/07/chicka-chicka-boom-boom-alphabet-letter.html
http://www.firstgradefoundme.blogspot.com/2012/07/chicka-chicka-boom-boom-alphabet-letter.html

Leah Mathis said...

I love the western decor! I am also doing a western theme. I wanted to also let you know that I will be featuring you in my next blog. I found your awesome Math journal ideas and wanted to share!
Leah
Learning 4 Keeps

Post a Comment