Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Crafty Wednesday #5 ~ Boggle Board


Last year, my 2nd graders loved to make words from our word board. They would beg for it every morning. I made a big deal out of the words they could come up with and they worked really hard. Some of them really impressed me with the words they found. Now they didn't always spell them correctly, but I applauded their efforts and it was a reall teachable moment for me to show them the correct spellings. I loved that!

I decided that I wanted to integrate a Boggle Board into my 4th grade class this coming year. It will be part of morning work sometimes and it will be an after work choice. I am thinking they can either read or work on their words from the Boggle board after they finish their work.

Here are the pins that inspired me:



My students are just going to write their words in a journal. I can't make special copies just for Boggle. So sorry I don't have a cute paper to share, but I am sure you can find you somewhere!

So I have been thinking about making my own letters for several weeks.

And...

I got a little carried away...






Just click on the picture to download the files!

Happy Boggling! 
(Not sure that is a word. Oh well!)

Side note:

I was able to get into my classroom yesterday for about 2 hours. Here is what it looked like when I walked in.
View from the door

Standing at the door and looking left
I will have updates soon!

15 comments :

Emily said...

I just love your ideas. I've never commented on a teacher blog before because it's a new world for me, but I've downloaded several of your freebies and I just adore them! Your blog is a favorite that I check daily!

Becca Morris said...

I am so honored Emily! Thank you so much. I am glad you are enjoying some of my things!!! I like sharing.

Mrs. Payton said...

These are adorable! I am your newest follower :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Kate said...

Ohhh I love the chevron ones!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Kate
EduKate and Inspire

Ms. Kerri said...

Love these. Thanks for sharing. It saves me from having to make my own. Love the chevron ones.
Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Boggle letters! Love the black and white ones! Cindy

Andrea McEvoy said...

Oh thank you for the boggle letters! I greatly appreciate it as you are helping to take something off my to do list!!! Love them!

Andrea
One Teacher's Take

Becca Morris said...

You're welcome ladies! They were fun to make and I got a little carried away. I hope you can all use them in your rooms!!!

Ashley said...

Thank you so much for sharing these! I love the black and white letters and they go perfectly with the theme of my classroom this year!

I am your newest follower! Check out my blog sometime! :o)

Ashley
Inspire, Dream, & Create! 

Theresa said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the black and white letters! Could you tell me where you got the backgrounds for these letters! I love them!
Theresa

Anonymous said...

how do you choose the letters that go on the boggle board?

Becca Morris said...

There are a few websites that will make them for you.
http://groupkos.com/boggle.php
http://xuth.net/programming/bog_cgi/

Amanda said...

Thank you for the Boggle letters! So fun!
Amanda
The Teaching Thief

Anonymous said...

I made a boggle board for my classroom and I can't wait to use it!

Angela Beech said...

How often do you change the letters? Do they coincide with spelling or are they just random letters?

Post a Comment