Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Creative Tuesday #3 ~ Classroom Theme

Classroom Theme

There are so many amazing classrooms to look at around the internet and in my own building, so I have a lot to choose from when it comes to decorating. I am not really a theme person. I know, I know. Horrible. I prefer my classroom to be bright and organized. I also don't want to change the theme every year or every other year. I am hoping that I can stay in one room long enough to perfect things instead of starting all over. (Hint, hint Debra!)

I was able to go to my new room and snap some pictures before I left for the summer. I am so glad I did this, because I don't have a very good memory! I wish I had measured, though. We are not really allowed back in our classrooms until the end of July or early in August. It kills me, but it does keep me from being up there all summer. (positives and negatives)

So I am well aware that people don't do this. I am a nut. I am a lunatic. I am aware. There is a support group out there for me somewhere.  ☺ So I am sharing these with you and I hope you don't make fun of me too bad.

This is what I have been thinking so far...






So I have tons of wall space, shelves, a large and a small cabinet, but no windows. I really like the look of black backgrounds, but I can't have all black walls in a room without windows, so I decided to use bright colors with black accents. I am not sold on all the colors yet. That will be determined when I am actually there and getting it all together.

I have bought these borders:

I am looking forward to arranging the student desks. They are larger than what I am used to and the room is new to me, so I will have to playing to do. I really want them in groups, because I have shelves that will do something like this:



I really want most of the textbooks to be out of their desks and on the shelves. It will help them stay organized and keep their journals from getting torn to shreds. Here is a list of all the materials I want to have on the shelves for each group to help with efficiency in the room:

  • Kleenex
  • Supply caddy
  • small trash can
  • textbooks
  • GermX
  • Paper container (to hold extra notebook paper)
  • Name tag/computer card bucket
My goal is to have all those materials in easy reach to minimize classroom disturbances.
☞Need a Kleenex? No need to walk across the room.
✎Broken pencil? Grab a sharpened one.
✄Need scissors or glue? No digging in desks.
✓Out of paper? Just grab some more.

My Clerks (classroom job) will be in charge of making sure the shelves are well stocked! This seems like a great idea, we shall see.

I can't wait to see all the back to school pictures from the blogging world as we progress towards the end of August!

4 comments :

Lisa R. said...

I think bright colors with black accents would look so cute!! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Allison said...

I love the shelves for each group! You have my wheels turning to figure out an inexpensive way to recreate that...maybe a couple milk crates stacked on their sides? Thanks for the inspiration!

Lita Lita said...

I wish I could do that in my classroom (too small).
I won't be able to get into my room until September. But I'm going to love everyone elses ideas too! :)

Lorene Knobbe said...

How many students do you have? You room looks very large. I love the bright colors with the black accent. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment