Sunday, July 29, 2012

New School Year Resolutions ~ Linky Party




Resolution #1
Stay positive!!! I really got down on myself last year and I don't want to repeat all that this year. I am going to implement positive quotes into my classroom on a weekly basis. I will be posting more about this later, but you can visit the blog where I got my inspiration.


Resolution #2
Post and state our student expectation before every lesson. This is a big thing in my school district and I am not good at it. I still need to designate a spot and decide how I want to display them.

Resolution #3
Teach my students organizational skills. I really want my students to learn and practice taking care of their things and our class materials. I want to focus on clean desks and a clean room.

Resolution #4
Classroom Economy: You can read my post here. I think this will be a great learning experience for us all this year. I know that it could be a disaster, but I have high hopes!!!

Resolution #5
Whole Brain Teaching: I plan on implementing a lot of his resources.
  • Class, Yes
  • Hands and Eyes
  • Mirros
  • Teach, Ok
  • Whole Brain Writing Game
  • Super Improver Wall
  • Super Speed Math and Reading
  • Universal Homework Model
You should check out the website and learn more about it. His resources are free after you register!

Resolution #6
Project Binderize! I am going to live in binders this year. I will have content area binders, a teacher all-in-one binder, a CAFE binder, Data binder, student binders, etc. I am hoping this will really help keep things neat and orderly.

Resolution #7
CAFE and VOICES boards: These are really going to focus my lessons this year. Along with anchor charts, these are going to keep a record of all we have learned. I hope they will be a great reference.
Click to view my post.
Resolution #8 {Last one!}
Journaling: My distric really pushes interactive journals in all content areas. I love journals and I want to do them justice this year. 

Go link up!!!

12 comments :

Amanda said...

I soooooo agree with your binder resolution! That is one thing I too am planning on doing this year too. I really hope that it'll help me keep organized too. I've done a classroom economy since my first year teaching and I love it. It's an amazing classroom management tool and teaches so many great real world concepts.

Amanda
Reaching for the TOP!

Amanda Madden said...

Thanks so much for joining the linky party! I, too, plan to implement some WBT strategies this year and am very excited about it! You have some great resolutions! :)


Amanda
Teaching Maddeness

Mrs. Shepherd said...

Would love to hear more about the interactive journals. Does your district have a link you could send me with more information? Eshepherd79@gmail.com

Krista Carlson said...

Teaching my kiddos those organizational skills is always an improvement goal of mine! So glad I found your blog! Looking forward to sharing ideas!

-Krista
The Second Grade Superkids

Aimee said...

We share a resolution! I am really good about going over our math objective each day; but, for some reason, I can't seem to remember to go over all the others! So strange. You've got a great list of resolutions; good luck with all of them!

Aimee
Primarily Speaking

Becca Morris said...

Thanks ladies!
Mrs. Shepherd ~ I don't have a link to send you, but you can do a google search and find many resources. Interactive journaling is a form of taking notes that includes foldables, pockets, and lots of writing, labeling, and drawing.

Lisa said...

Becca, I also want to incorporate some more whole brain teaching in my classroom!! I've done lots of reading on it this summer and am super excited about it. Good luck with your resolutions!!!

Kelley Dolling said...

Great resolution list. Binders are so helpful and I need to use more of these for sure. I currently keep an assessment binder and when it's fully up to date and I haven't removed any items for SSTs or IEPs (I often forget to put them back), it makes my life so much easier come testing time. Glad I found ya today.

Kelley Dolling
Teacher Idea Factory

Jean Robinson said...

Good resolutions! I too have been looking into whole brain teaching. I love the class/yes and blow into your hand tequniques. Come check out my blog sometime. I am having a giveaway. :)
Jean
Diving Into 2nd Grade

Mrs. Wathen said...

I love your list for whole brain teaching. I have seen a few of the techniques, but need to head over and spend some time on the website.

I found your blog on the New School Year's Resolution Linky and am your newest follower.

Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Gina said...

Good list! For #2, we HAVE to post our objectives and standards for the week on our white board. I have a section of it bordered off with some sparkly border and I just change them each week. But I too am terrible about stating them before we start the lesson. #5 WBT I did the first 4 on your list with my class last year and they LOVED it!! I have to try and remember to do it with this class (I didn't start it until the end of the year but they got really good at it!) Good Luck!!
Gina
Third Grade Tidbits

Stacy said...

I really want to learn more about Whole Brain Teaching. Maybe I should add that to my list of resolutions!
I'm your newest follower. Please stop by my blog, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Stacy
Leading and Reading

Post a Comment