Friday, July 13, 2012

Read All About It #3

pg. 134
"We must be honest with our students. The truth will motivate students to work harder at their math. You don't have to be an ogre to be straight with your students. Good teachers tell their students when work is not good enough, but couple this verdict with optimism and encouragement and the message that better results are within reach."

I really like that quote. Kids do not come to us on the same level and they don't learn at the same rate. I want to encourage all my students to work hard and improve based on their own scores. I will have a Super Improver board in my room. Watch this video from Chris Biffle at Whole Brain Teaching to learn more.



Here is my key for the Super Improvers Board:


Just like Mr. Esquith said, I want to be honest with my students in where they are academically and beahvorially. I also want to give them a framework for improving. This is a wonderful system!

(Quote from There Are No Shortcuts by Rafe Esquith)

1 comments :

TammySF. said...

I'm a new follower!! Just found your blog YAY!!!! I hope you'll check out my blog sometime:)

Tammy
1...2...3...Teach With Me

Post a Comment