Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sharing Thursday #3 ~ TEKS on Labels

I have decided to take Ms. Domeny's advice and make my own lesson plan book for this upcoming year. When I have my school schedule, I will be sure and share it with you! Here is the pin (because I got the idea off Pinterest, where else?):


Her blog is really great. She has great organizational ideas to share.



Two things got me thinking:

  1. Make a place on my lesson plans to stick TEKS labels
  2. Have TEKS ready for me to put on the board every day
I teach in Texas and our state standards are called TEKS (Texas Essentials Knowledge and Skills). My district requires us to post and explain the TEKS or learn goal of the lesson we are teaching. So for me and other teachers who teach all subjects, we have to display a lot of TEKS daily.

Confession: I am not good about this.
Promise: I will do better this year.

That is where I got the idea to type all my 4th grade TEKS into Word and make labels. I used the template for Avery 5160 Address labels. They are perfect! Plus, it was a good way for me to familiarize myself with the 4th grade standards. (I am a nut, I know. I also don't have any children and my husband is gone all day at work. What else am I going to do?)

Anyway, here is the pdf version. Email me if you want the Word version. The left hand column gets cut off a tiny bit, but you can still read it. I know that only a very few of you will be able to use this, but it might be a good idea. (maybe...)

4 comments :

Christy said...

Becca,
I'm also a Texas teacher (2nd grade) and I've 'been there and done that' with writing my own plans... which translates to a whole lotta work. Just curious, does your grade level plan as a team? We break up the subjects and work in pairs to write the plans and then come together and review them as a team. We also print the TEKS that we are writing the plans for and pass them out to the other teachers to hang/attach to the whiteboard to review with students. I wish you all the best in 4th!

Becca Morris said...

Christy ~ My grade level didn't plan together. I am hoping that my new 4th grade team will be more open to it. Thanks for sharing how you do it, it sounds like a great system!

Grade School Giggles said...

I've used the labels before. I stuck them on the back of my originals and filed them by standard. That way I knew exactly what to pull for each skill.

✿April✿
Grade School Giggles

MsGinGrade3 said...

This is wonderful!!! My third grade team plans together, so we all write ONE subject instead of a gajillion! I love this idea!!

Post a Comment