Saturday, July 21, 2012

To Do Linky Party

Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

Lorraine over at Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies is hosting a linky party all about our to do lists for back to school.



Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

I have a crazy long to do list. I also have a fun organizational item to share! Free as always. (As it should be, but that is another story...)

Let me preface this by saying that I have not been to my new room yet. We aren't allowed in the building over the summer while they work on the floors. Our teacher inservice starts on Aug. 22, a Monday, and we usually have a meet the teacher/drop off school supplies night on that Thursday. Not a lot of prep time that week. So I am hoping to go in and get things started by (best case scenario) the end of next week or (worst case scenario) the week before the 22nd.

All that to say, my to do list might look a little different.

In my classroom:
  1. Cover all the walls with paper and border
  2. Set up all CAFE and VOICES boards
  3. Make areas for anchor charts to hang
  4. Super Improvers Wall (Whole Brain Teaching)
  5. Generally set-up and organize my *new* room
  6. Set-up my classroom library
  7. Hallway bulletin board
Things to copy and prepare:
  1. Whole Brain Homework - Super Speed Reading and Math
  2. STAR binder papers
  3. Class Economy
  4. Community Building Banners
  5. Flyers for Parent Meetings
  6. Open House presentation
  7. First week materials
Lesson Plans
  1. When the curriculum is available to us online again, I want to plan my first few weeks.
  2. Work on a list of classroom procedures I want to teach
  3. Get my schedule finalized when I have our school schedule
So on to the fun stuff...

I saw one like this on another blog and knew I had to make my own!

Just add post its!

So this was very easy to make. I just went into PowerPoint and made squares. I practiced with one until I found the right size. Then I created the whole document. I decided to add the labels inside the squares so I could fit 6 post its instead of 4 to a page. I have included my file if you are interested. If not, then happy creating!



This is Talon, my cat. He likes to watch me work. This is the shelf above my computer.

6 comments :

Sunny said...

That kitty is adorable!

Lisa R. said...

I love the organizational post it list! Thanks for sharing! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies said...

Thanks for linking up to my linky party! I'm your newest follower! I love your freebie!
~Lorraine
Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

Dray said...

I found you through the linky party! I love the post it organizer! Post-its are my weakness, I always have to do lists on them everywhere at school! Maybe this will help keep it more organized!

Your newest follower,
Dray
Second Grade is Sweet

Alyssa said...

I'm a first year teacher so I feel like I have a ton to do even things I don't KNOW to do.

Alyssa
adventuresinacademics.com

free to-do list said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment