Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lesson Plan Template ~ So Excited to Share!!!!!


All summer I have been thinking about my lesson plan format. Did I want to make my own?

Buy one online?




Just use one from Mardel like I have done in the past?
I really like this cover. I wanted it, but the inside was way to generic.

Keep one online? Our curriculum has an online planner. I did that for a year, but I am not completely sold on it.

I just wasn't sure. I played around with making my own in Excel and PowerPoint. I really didn't have much luck.

Normally I really like to have a weekly planner that also has all my specials, lunch, and pe on it, but I have been thinking lately that it just feels cluttered with all that information on there. I get a little overwhelmed.

So I decided to make my own in PowerPoint. I love PowerPoint. I can do anything with it. ♥♥♥

So here is my plan:
  • 1/2 inch binder with clear inserts
  • Print my own template
  • Place my schedule as the very first page
Now this does a few good things for me.
  1. I will be able to personalize the cover. Love it!
  2. I will have pockets and the option to add things by hole punching.
  3. It is more durable than other planners.
  4. I am always sticking extra papers into the back of my planner, now I will have space for those papers.
So here it is...

These are the backgrounds:


My thinking was that every six weeks would have a different color per week. So every first week of the six weeks would be yellow. Every second week of the six weeks would be teal, and so on. Just another way to remind myself of where we are in the six weeks.

This sort of works. I was looking at our school calendar and saw a few glitches. We are supposed to have 6 sets of 6 weeks in our school year, but because of holidays it doesn't work out that way. Here is the breakdown:
  1. 6 weeks
  2. 5 weeks
  3. 6 weeks 2 days
  4. 6 weeks 2 days
  5. 6 weeks
  6. 8 weeks (this is brutal at the end of the year)
I was also inspired by another blogger who has a checklist of things to do everyday before she goes home to make the next morning run smoother. I knew I had to do that, so that is why I have a checklist on my lesson planner for every day.


I am going to work on spreading out my lesson planning and prepping materials throughout the week. That way I do not have to work so hard on the weekends and I get my lesson plans turned in on time!


My binder!
Here is my template for anyone who wants it. As always, it is free. If you want the original version so you can tweak the checklist or anything else, just email me at rmorris at mesquiteisd dot com. I will be able to respond faster if you email me instead of leaving a comment.
Lesson Plan Template

**There is a blank page first in the document because I sent this to Office Max to be printed. This way the pages printed correctly to be opened as a spread.

30 comments :

Raye said...

I love the checklist on the side!

Lorena said...

These are great!

Lorena

Amy said...

These are so nice and I love the colors you used!

Kristen said...

These are so, so pretty and so nicely planned out!!

Becca Morris said...

Thanks ladies!

Mrs. Rogman said...

Curious what it cost to have them printed at office max? So they did them back to back in color?

Kate said...

They look great!! I am going to use one of the binder covers! Thanks for sharing :)

Kate
EduKate and Inspire

Miss Foote said...

Very nice. I just finished working on my teacher binder.

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Nona K said...

its of great help..thanks

Ashley said...

Do you have this in another downloadable form? I do not have a scribd account and I am very interested in your forms.
Thank you

Barbara said...

I love the to do list and the chevron pattern. Is there any other way to get this downloaded with scribe. I do not have an account with them. Thanks! My email is bcbarnes@harding.edu

doreamst said...

I love the lesson plan template and binder covers. Could I get copies sent to me? damster@hostos.aspirapa.org

Amy Corvi said...

I also love your lesson plan template. I would be so grateful if you could send a copy to my email! amy.corvi@gmail.com

thank you!!

Jillie said...

I'd love your lesson plan template. Thanks! jkholshouser@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for a lesson plan template. Yours is just perfect. Could you email me the template? Thanks! rchernandez16751@comcast.net

stephf54 said...

I started making my own but it just got pushed way to the bottom of the must do list. There's just no way! I'd love to have your template to put it in order of my schedule. Thanks! Stephb38429@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I've tried several template and none seemed to work for me. Your template would definitely do the job for me this year. I would love a copy! Thank you so much for sharing. nekye0506@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm sorry to ask you over comments, but I couldn't get my email to go through to you. Would you be willing to send me the original document? I love this template! msn1314emc@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, I would love to have these templates. They are awesome! dama_walker@yahoo.com Thanks

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you would be willing to email the templates to me as well. I can't seem to download them for some reason. tinacriste@hotmail.com Thanks... I love the pattern! AND THE COLOR idea is genius
Tina

Anonymous said...

Hi! I tried to email you but it wouldn't work... Is there any way you could send me the template? it is PERFECT and exactly what I've been looking for! Thank you so much for sharing!!! saharp@crimson.ua.edu

Anonymous said...

this is fantastic! I would love to have the original. atl40@yahoo.com this is super cute and has everything I could possibly need in it!

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a copy of this. This is exactly what I have been looking for. jscs01@msn.com
Thank you,
Carrie

Amy said...

I would love a copy also
teacherramy@gmail.com
Thanks
Amy

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I love these. If you could send an editable copy to me at kviau@bfcsd.org it would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, this is seriously amazing. I can't seem to find your email address to request an editable copy so I am asking here, could you send one to rubysbridge@yahoo.ie. Many thanks and blessings

Nora Broom said...

I would really love to have a copy of this to print out...but I don't have the website for the download. Could you email it to me? This is so cute!! caitlin@kenbroom.com

Anonymous said...

Hello! Would you be able to email the template to me so I can edit? My email address is mflores@gboe.org
Thank you, Madelyn

Anonymous said...

Hey! Can you Email me to the template so i can edit it for my class! Love this layout! Courtney.hovis@vbschools.com
Thanks, Courtney

Anonymous said...

Could you email me the template so I can edit it. Schmidtk@seaford.k12.de.us Thanks, Katherine

Post a Comment