Saturday, September 8, 2012

Anchor Chart Saturday


The week in review...

Monday ~ No school. Labor Day.

Tuesday ~
In reading, we are working on listening to our inner conversation to monitor our comprehension. We discussed the different kind of connections we make while reading.
We all added a heart map to our writing journals.
Reviewing place value and adding the millions period.
After our assessment today, I see that we need more place value practice! I will be adding a few things to our daily routine. I know that they need a million or so repetitions before they master a concept, so.... that is what we will be doing over the next several weeks!
 
We did this one last week, but I wanted to share it anyway! Mrs. Hewitt is a wonderful teacher that comes in to help us with math.
Wednesday ~ no charts

Thursday
We talked about narrowing our topics. We started with large subjects and got smaller. Our third step was to choose a few things to write about from the topic/subject we chose. This was my example and the students chose their own. 


We are starting our weather unit, and boy do we get in detail! On Friday we talked about warm and cold air masses, fronts, weather changes, temperature, humidity, and air pressure. We are really learning a lot about the atmosphere.

I came up with some movements to help us remember the definition of weather.
We say, "Weather (arm out in front of you with your fingers forming a W) is a condition of the atmosphere (use both arms to form a large A) in a certain place (point down the the ground my your feet with both hands) at a certain time (hold out your arm and pretend to point to your watch.)

Friday ~ no charts

I think I am doing good with my charts so far! I didn't prepare my charts for this coming week, because I haven't decided what I am going to be using yet. That is on the agenda for this weekend!

I hope you have a happy weekend!

8 comments :

Katrina said...

Great anchor charts!! I especially love the one titled Numbers and Labels. My students always struggle to decide when to use each operation. I think this will really help them. I will be using that in my class. Thanks for sharing!

Katrina

Raye said...

Loving your charts. I want to steal your handwriting! ♥

Sara Soucy said...

I love making heart maps with my kids!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Kate said...

Thanks for reminding me to make heart maps with my kids! I have seen your blog many times, but I didn't realize that I wasn't following you-- I am now! :)

Kate
EduKate and Inspire

Pat's Paper Passion said...

Thank YOU! Great motivation to get me going.
Pat

Becca Morris said...

Thanks guys! Have a great weekend.

MrsArnold said...

LOVE your anchor charts! I think I learned a new text connection, too. I hadn't considered text to media. Thanks for that!

Tales From a Teach said...

Becca,

I love your anchor charts. How is Whole Brain Teaching going? I know you fell off the wagon for awhile there and I was just wondering if things have gotten better.

Amanda

Post a Comment