Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Writing Wednesday ~ Get Well Cards


I want my students to have authentic writing experiences, don't you? I want them to see that writing skills have a place in real life. One of my students has been out sick this week and we wanted to let him know we were thinking about him, so today we worked on Get Well cards.

When the kids walked in the morning, I had them choose a piece of construction paper. My only instructions were to write our friend a get well note. I said they needed to be finished by the end of the day because his cousin would be dropping them off this evening.

Here are a few...

front
inside of the same card... She wrote him a song! Love it.
front
I really liked this one.
front
inside, I guess this is abstract art?
I was so happy with what they created. So many sincere words and illustrations!

Look at this one...


He had bought some stickers at the machine, so he decided to use them.

This is hard to read: 
(top) I hope you will feel better soon.
The illustration beneath:
(left) Before Bad (stick figure laying on the bed)
(right) After (figure sitting at the table, maybe at school?)

Isn't that great?!

1 comments :

Kelly Teaching Fourth said...

I have a student who has been very sick, too! We made him cards this week as well. My students were so sweet and concerned about their classmate! It was very touching. The doctors thought his appendix had ruptured, but, thankfully, that turned out not to be the case.

Kelly
Teaching Fourth

Post a Comment