Monday, May 13, 2013

Edcanvas

Do you want a self-paced, interactive web-tool for your students to use in the classroom, computer lab, or at home? I found one!

I would like to introduce you to Edcanvas!

This is the first one I made:


Isn't that awesome!?

Here is a simple video that explains the process and features.



This is what the current screen looks like:


The options along the side are:
  • YouTube
  • Google
  • Flickr
  • Educreations
  • Gooru
  • Insert webpage
  • Insert audio/media file
  • Insert from Dropbox
  • Insert from Google Drive
  • Insert bookmark
The options allow you to easily search for content. Then you just drag and drop the resource into a box.

You can create classes and add students to your classes. This allows students to create canvases and to view yours and their classmates canvases if you allow them. Your students can add audio comments or you can use the audio feature to read the instructions to your students. Edcanvas provides a tracking feature to see how many views your canvases are getting. They are continually working to improve this resource. Check out their blog for updates and how-to videos.

It is so easy to create a canvas. There is also a vast library of canvases for you to peruse and borrow! So many wonderful teachers are making and sharing their work.  :)

As a teacher, I think this is a great resource. I can see myself using this in all my content areas.

Do you think you will use this?

2 comments :

Laken Harrell said...

We used Edcanvas with our 2nd graders as well! We had the students pick their favorite Famous American and create their Edcanvas on that person. It was awesome.

I love your blog. I am your newest blog follower. Will you please follow me? I'm also a fellow WBT and would love your suggestions, as I'm only a Level 4 WBT!
http://wholebrainteachingintheladybugclub.blogspot.com/
Thanks,
Laken Harrell

Lorena said...

Thank you for introducing me to this new resource. It looks wonderful.

littlelearnersinc.blogspot.com

Post a Comment