Friday, July 5, 2013

Back to School Linky - Homework Log

I am linking up for an early back to school blog hop.

Teaching is a Gift


I have shared about my homework log before, but I have revamped it. 

I wanted the entire year to fit on one side of the index card. On my old one I had to print the last 2 six weeks on the back and I didn't like that.

Here's how it works: 
Every student has an index card. I taped the index cards onto the clipboard so that I can easily flip to the one I need. I assign my kids numbers, so they come in handy with this system.

I had a student help me out with this for some of the year. If kids got a check mark all week, they would get a lottery ticket! I made classroom lottery tickets. You can check out that post here.

Anyway... here is my new version.



Here is the file if you want it. There are a few versions. This one is personalized for my district's calendar.

Let me know if you want the editable copy. Jump on over to the blog hop for fabulous back to school ideas!

14 comments :

Lauren Copeland said...

What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing :)

Lauren
The Sweetest Thing
Follow me on Bloglovin'!

Amy Harrod said...

Found you through the Blog Hop! Everything is so cute! Great job!!!

24/7 Teacher: Amy Harrod

Ms.M from Teachingisagift said...

Do you have a link to your homework log post? I would love to read about how you use it.
P.S. Thanks for linking up!

PPS. LOVE the polka dot clipboard!
Sidney
Teachingisagift

Renee S. said...

Love it!! Thanks for sharing!
I would love an editable copy please.

Renee'
stewartr@greenvilleisd.com

Second Grade Serenade said...

Thats a fantastic idea!
Everything in one spot. cool!
Sending Tons of Teacher Love Your Way,

Lori



Second Grade Serenade

Brittney said...

Great idea. I will definitely try this upcoming school year. Could you please send me an editable copy? bsbillingslea@atlanta.k12.ga.us

Erin said...

I am with you in that I hate homework too! It is the #1 thing I want to have figured out and changed for next year. Last year I made it way too much! I'm loving your simpler plan as well as your hw log. I would love an editable version if it isn't too much trouble. Thank You!!!
Erin @ thecorrystory.com
erincorry@gmail.com

ann26 said...

Please send me the editable copy. THANK YOU for sharing.
arp4140@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Great Idea as well! I am a first year 2nd grade teacher and I would love to use your homework log this year. Do you have a blog stating how you used it? Would you email me an editable version? collinsbyrian@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your blog and the many ideas...I love them. Would you mind emailing me the editable version of this? My email is doubleab11@gmail.com. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

I love your idea of keeping track of homework. Last year I made it way too much and did not keep up with it. I would greatly appreciate it if you would email an editable version if it isn't too much trouble.

Thank you! Hope you are having a great summer...mine is almost over...I report on August 1st.

Paula
thndrlghtnng2@aol.com

Lindsay Miller said...

please email me the editable version of your homework log. thanks. lmiller1194@gmail.com
Mrs. Miller’s Monkey Business

Jennifer Weberman said...

this looks wonderful. I just started 2nd grade and appreciate all ideas. How do you use this log?
thx,
jenniferweberman@hotmail.com

Kali said...

If this comment is showing twice I apologize. The link to this homework log is not working. I was wondering if you would email it to me if you still have it? My email is kali_carpenter@hotmail.com. Thank you so much for this wonderful idea!

Post a Comment