Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Brag Tags for Encouraging Students

Hello everyone! I just love summer, don't you? *sigh*

Anyway...

I was reading through my blog feed and came across a wonderful idea!
Miss Nelson was sharing about her brag tags and I just knew I should make some.

Run Miss Nelsons got the Camera

Did you go look at hers? Aren't they so cute?

At my school, we participate in a program called R-Time. It is a social skills program that promotes good manners. Part of that is learning the names of the people around you and using them, so our kids wear name tags. I have to admit that I have not been the biggest fan of these name tags. The kids lose them, chew on them, and play with them. Oh well, it is just one of those things...

I thought that it would be great to customize their name tag lanyards this year with brag tags! I am hoping that if the kids feel pride for what is on their name tag lanyard, they will take better care of it. (Is that too much wishful thinking?)

Here are the brag tags I have made so far...


My plan:
Click HERE
  1. Buy ball chain necklaces for each student.
  2. Print the tags, laminate, and punch small holes in the top.
  3. String their name tags on their necklace.
  4. Kids will fill out job applications and I will assign them jobs based on those applications. They will receive their job tag to add to their necklace.
  5. I will award perfect attendance tags every six weeks with report cards.
  6. Advanced score and passing tags will be for our CBA tests and STAAR tests.
  7. Good manners and amazing writer tags will be handed out at my discretion.
  8. Summer birthdays will get their tags on their "Unbirthday" which is halfway to their birthday.
Click HERE for the large version of the name tags.

Click HERE for the small version of the name tags.

Email me if you want an editable version! Let me know what you think of these... Any ideas for more?


19 comments :

ckean said...

I love your tags! My grade level partner and I have wanted to use them, but the kit was just too expensive for us to buy. I would love to have a copy of the editable version. Can't wait to use them this year!

Julie Sawyer said...

I love your tags, and would really like an editable version to use.

Julie
Math is Elementary

Raye said...

These are great! I love the brag tags you can buy but I'm too cheap to do so. These are a great alternative.

Wanda Kirk said...

Love your brag tags! I am really excited about trying them.

Connie Richmond said...

I love the tags you created! Would love, love, love to have the editable version. connieann68@gmail.com

LaToya Morris said...

I love your tags! Can I get the editable version as well...latoyajmorris@gmail.com


Thank you!!!

Kim said...

I too love your tags and would love to have an editable version. 1paintedlady@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would love an editable version to your brag tags. I just found out about these and would love to start using them! I'd like to add our school name, my name and the students name to some of them. These are great!

bunga_b@yahoo.com

Vicki Smith said...

I am interested in your editable brag tags. I want to distribute them to my helpers for Leader In Me.

Anonymous said...

I love your tags and would love to have the editable version. purpletrucktrudy@yahoo.com

Barbie Chiu said...

There are certain point in our life that we encounter failure but it doesn't mean you will lose hope and give up everything but it only means that every failure there's an exchange and that is new beginning. Well, thank you for sharing your article and keep on posting. Visit my site too for more information.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Anonymous said...

I love your tags and would love to have the editable version.
lvandermerwe2@blpmail.org.uk

Silvia Jacinto said...

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article, I hope you could inspire more people. Visit my site for an offer you wouldn't want to refuse.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Layla said...

I would love to have an editable version of your tags. Thank you for doing these and sharing.
baggettces@gmail.com

Layla said...

I would love to have an editable version of your tags. Thank you for doing these and sharing.
baggettces@gmail.com

Sandy Hummel said...

I LOVE your tags and would like the editable version of your tags. Thanks a bunch for helping me to get started and be a better teacher.

Sandy Hummel said...

I LOVE your tags and would like the editable version of your tags. Thanks a bunch for helping me to get started and be a better teacher.
sandybeachmi06@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I would love an editable version of your tags! These are awesome thanks so much! kyllas@rocketmail.com

Jessica Christensen said...

So fun! Could I please have an editable version as well? (Jessica.w.christensen@gmail.com) I plan to use them for my piano students

Post a Comment