Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chevron Canvases

I am a crazy person. I know it. I have come to terms with it.

I have been preparing for the 2013-2014 school year all summer. I have been enjoying my summer, don't get me wrong, but I have also been slowly getting things ready for this year. I have been able to check some things off the list and that always makes me feel prepared (even if it is just an illusion).

This is my newest creation... I printed a free chevron template and traced the lines onto the 12 x 12 canvases. Then I used a foam brush to hand paint the colors. It was pretty quick and easy! I am really happy with how they turned out.

Then I went and found a few quotes I like from Pinterest. I typed them up and adjusted fonts and colors. I added a border, printed, and cut them out. I thought about using ModPodge to adhere the card stock, but I just hot glued them.

Click HERE to get the quotes if you are interested.

I have a plan for these. They are going to decorate the top shelf of my tall bookshelf. 


I am going to repurpose this tall bookcase. The canvases are going to go on the top shelf. I am going to put this shelf behind my desk. It is going to hold all my instructional stuff, but I want it to look nice! Here are the things I have so far.


Most of these are from the Dollar Tree. I am going to go back this week and see what else they have. I am hoping they have restocked, because I would like to exchange the blue for purple.



I have these still in my room! I think I am almost set!


What do you think?

4 comments :

Raye said...

I really like the "If you can't be kind, be quiet" one! Super cute!

Elyse D'Andrea-Happily Teaching said...

Love those! I am buying chevron shelf liner so maybe I will just have to make something chevron like this to tie it all in! I love using Dr. Seuss quotes in my classroom so this may be perfect!!

Elyse
Happily Teaching

Jessica said...

Where did you get your free template for these? So cute!

Jessica

Unknown said...

I love those magazine files! Where did you get those?

Post a Comment