Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Classroom Progress - Day 1

I got the keys to my classroom today! It is always exciting to get started on a new school year. :)

This is what I started with today:


I was up at school for about 2 hours just going through things and beginning to move furniture around.

I am really changing up the placement of furniture this year. I want to do more small group work, so I am putting my table at the front of the room.

I have my crate seats under the Promethean board because the kids like to pull them out and sit up close when I am doing a lesson. I have my teacher computer on the small table on the left. I am hoping the cords reach so I can keep it there. We shall see. The file cabinets will be leaving soon.


I have moved my desk closer to the back of the room. I felt like my desk was taking up space at the front where kids needed to be, so I have revamped my placement this year. I am using my large bookshelf that used to house my library for my teaching resources and basic junk. I do still have to decorate my desk...


This side of the room didn't receive much attention from me today. I want to go through my library books and decide which ones to sit out for the beginning of the year. I don't want them all out the entire year because it is too much. Book overload for the kids. I don't know how I am going to set them up because I kinda want the book boxes for the kids to use...

Decisions, decisions.

I will be going back on Thursday to work some more. I will post new pictures over the weekend!

4 comments :

Raye said...

I wish I had a real teacher desk. Our "desk" is really just a table with a tiny drawer (barely big enough to hold anything except a few pens). I really don't like that. I want a REAL teacher desk. I know a lot of people get rid of theirs but I like a place that is just mine for planning and whatnot. I like yours because you could use the front space for a center or something.

Sara Soucy said...

I always have that problem with my computer. I find a place that I want to put it, but the wires don't reach! Your room looks great already!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Abbey Thurn said...

Looks great! I like your banners above your bulletin boards! Can't wait to see the rest!
http://gradefourbuzz.blogspot.com/

learningontheedge said...

I am inspired by you. Your great ideas are going to save me a lot of thinking time. The solid walls of color with banners are a simple, but clear way to define where the charts and vocabulary, pictures and topics will go. Love it.

Post a Comment