Sunday, July 21, 2013

Monday Made It ~ iBooks Author Style


I still have 5 weeks until school starts for us. Well, 5 weeks until our week of staff development. I am not planning on getting into my room until August, so I haven't really started printing things yet. I am still trying to enjoy my relaxing summer!

★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★  ★

I am so excited to share my iBook with you!!!!

video
Part 1


video
Part 2


video
Part 3


video
Part 4


video
Part 5

(Sorry this is in so many pieces! I made the videos with Screenr and the free version only allows 5 minute videos.)

I have been working on this for a few weeks and it is almost finished! I just have to tweak a few of the glossary items.

This has been quite a project, but I love how it has turned out!

My plan is to share this with all my students at the beginning of the year. I want them to be able to work through it during reading time or when they finish their work early. This will give them a strong knowledge base for when we do our experiments in small groups. I will have specific time where we work through parts of the book together, but I want this to be an individual resource.

When I publish it, I will send out the link for anyone who would like to use it.

What do you think?

4 comments :

Meg Jones said...

Fabulous! I have played a little with iAuthor...you have inspired me to do more. I am teaching an iPad class in August, may I show your work?
THANKS!
Meg.jones@thompsonschools.org

Mrs. M said...

This is awesome! I really want to start creating iBooks (and have a school-issued MacBook Pro so I have the tools I need), but just don't know where to start. Thanks for the inspiration!

mrsbrownthebookworm said...

Loving it! I want to do something similar with my darlings during our library and lab classes. Sara B.

dteach78 said...

Amazing!!!
Can you tell me the steps you took to get started on this? I have one iPad for my class, but there may be more in our future!
Also, would you mind sharing the link for the Earth video? It was so beautiful!!
Very impressed!
dsj28@earthlink.net

Post a Comment