Thursday, August 1, 2013

August Currently (What?!) & Classroom Pics


It is August. Wow. Summer always goes so fast. 
*sigh*

Go link up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade with your currently.

I was busy in my classroom today. My wonderful husband came up and helped me move desks and finish my walls. Do you see my chevron signs???? I love them. They will be great reminders when I am working on my computer!


I am loving my small library area. It holds plenty of books, but it isn't overwhelming. Last year I only had one anchor chart outline here. I really needed two, so I got that done today!



I love my back wall! Last year I just had to hand our social studies anchor charts in random places, so this year I wanted a section for that. I opted to put History on the banner because Social Studies is outrageously long. :)


I tried something new with the border... Instead of using the wavy side of the white, I used the straight edge. I think I will be doing this in the future. I like the straight line. It speaks to the OCD in me.

I can't wait to see all your fabulous classroom pics, now that we are all getting back into our rooms!

Let me know what you think of mine. :)

7 comments :

4321Teach said...

Hi Becca- Found you through Farley's Currently! First I want to start with your Currently- I LOVE Covert Affairs. This season is kind of interesting though. Won't say more because I don't know what you have watched so far. You are so lucky to have 2 weeks left. I am kind of sort of back already but the first official day back is next Thursday. Ugh... Routine will be nice again, though. How's that for positive! :)
Now for your bulletin boards- You have so much space which is totally awesome! The fire marshall came to one of my schools and told them they could only hang things on 20% of the walls. It was quite devastating for my teachers. :(
I love the idea of using the straight edge! Quite creative! :)
Happy to be your newest follower!
Antoinette :)

Elizabeth Rossmiller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth Rossmiller said...

Becca,

Your classroom looks great; crisp and fresh! I'm so glad I found your blog through the Currently linkup and am proud to be your newest follower!

Best of luck on your back to school check-off list... you're doing much better than I am!!

Elizabeth
Seconds at the Beach

Lisa @ Fluent in Fourth said...

It looks amazing!!!!

Lisa
Fluent in Fourth

Teacher and Life Long Learner said...

GREAT START!!! Love the black border/frame! Wonderful colorful selections!

Anonymous said...

Love your room! Our fire marshall would tear down everything if I tried this.
So jealous!

Lisa Bee (Grade 4 Buzz) said...

Wow! Your room looks great! Is that no-fade paper on your walls?
-Lisa
Grade 4 Buzz

Post a Comment