Thursday, August 1, 2013

Back to School Paperwork - Making it Easier

Hello!

I saw a great pin a few days ago that really inspired me!


If you go check it out you will find some great classroom pictures and lots of great ideas. Ginger Snaps is a great blog to follow!


This is such a great way to organize all those papers we send home to parents the first week of school! I know that parents just feel bombarded, especially if they have more than one child. 


This is my checklist right now. It might change as we get closer to the first day of school. These are the things I remember sending home last year...

I will glue this checklist onto a large manila envelope, place the papers that stay at home inside, and paper clip the papers that need to be filled out and returned to school on the outside.

Genius, right? I wish it had been my idea. 
*sigh*

Oh well, I can always be thankful for wonderful teachers who share their great ideas. I would be lost without them!


Are you going to make a checklist for your parents?

I am really excited because we just got our master schedule for school! We usually get it the week before school starts, so getting it 2 1/2 weeks before school starts is great!!!!

9 comments :

Lisa @ Fluent in Fourth said...

I had pinned something similar to thisand bought the envelopes at the dollar store, but I like this even better! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

Fluent in Fourth

Mechele said...

Thank you for sharing. I need to make something like this.
Mechele
Barrow's Hodgepodge

Amber said...

Great idea to connect with parents!

Amber
SSSTeaching

Ginger Snaps said...

Thanks for sharing girl! =)

Debbie Jacobson said...

Parents get overwhelmed when we send tons of papers home the first day-especially if they have more than one child. I make a similar checklist to make it easier for them, but I send it home in a legal size file folder. When it is returned I keep everything for that student in the folder for the whole year.
Debbie
debjac9@aol.com

Debbie Jacobson said...

Oh and I forgot to mention I follow Ginger Snaps and love her blog!
Debbie
debjac9@aol.com

Chelsea O'Neal said...

Cute!! Ok how did you get the small special clip art??

Anonymous said...

What fonts did you use for this? They are beautiful!!

Quyen Bullard said...

Would you be willing to share this please? flyingturtles275@yahoo.com Thank you!

Post a Comment