Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week '13 ~ Meet the Teacher


I am very excited to participate in Teacher Week '13!! Click to button above to learn about the other bloggers participating!




1. Hello! My name is Becca Morris. My husband, Kevin, and I have been married for 5 1/2 years. 

2. We have three fur babies.


3. This will be my 6th year to teach. Wow. Time has gone by fast. I have taught 2 years of Pre-K, 2 years of 2nd grade, and this will be my second year in 4th. 

4. I am a born and raised Texan! I went to college at Texas Tech University and have only taught in Texas.

5. I love all things crafty and technological. I am beyond excited to launch a 1:1 iPad initiative in my classroom this year. It is going to be an adventure!

6. I also enjoy blogging. It is such a great way to connect with other teachers all over the world! I love that we share things with each other. I am really big on the whole sharing thing. I don't sell anything I make because I think we need to support each other. We spend so much of our own money buying things for our classroom, don't we?

If you find something on my blog that you like, just leave me a comment and I will be happy to share a copy with you!

7. Reading is my passion. I am a big fan of YA and romance novels. I read as an escape, so I want happy endings! Seeing so many of my favorite books being turned into movies is great, even if they aren't nearly as good as the books. I mean what happened to all the drama at the end of the Hunger Games? Peeta is supposed to be almost dying! I wanted to see Jennifer Lawrence losing her mind, beating against the door of the aircraft that picks them up from the cornucopia as the doctors are working to save Peeta. Oh well.

8. My iPad is an extension of my hand. As is my iPhone. It is an addiction.

9. I am known as the technology person at my school. I love it! I am always wanting to try new things with my students. 

10. My husband and I are working with a new doctor to hopefully start our family this year. We are praying that it is God's plan to give us a baby soon. The Lord has been teaching me patience the past few years.

Stay tuned this week for all the great ideas that will be shared by many bloggers! Below you will find the topics for each day.

2 comments :

Lisa Bee said...

I'm with you! My iPad and iPhone are never more than an arm's reach away!
-Lisa
http://gradefourbuzz.blogspot.ca/2013/08/meet-teacher.html

Amanda said...

I love that you share everything you make!! I have benefited so many times. Hehe! I really enjoyed learning more about you and your family (pups included). I can't wait to hear more about your 1:1 adventures.

Amanda

Post a Comment