Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Teacher Week '13 - Organization for Instruction


Hello!

How do you organize yourself for teaching? I am a planner. Bet you couldn't have guessed that! :)

Here is a screen shot of my first week of plans:


I love that I can color code, attach documents, add links to sites, and quickly add the standards.
(I still need to plan the reading. It is always the hardest for me.)

I also use magazine holders to hold my copies for the week.


You can see all the organization baskets and things on my book shelf behind my desk. I also acquired the tan bookshelf today. I am so glad because I needed one to hold the rest of our textbooks.

The anchor chart areas are also a major organizational tool for my instruction. The kids are able to reference our learning for days after!

Go blog hopping to see all the great posts about organization!

3 comments :

Lisa Bee said...

Does your whole school use planbook.com? What do you think of it?
-Lisa
Grade 4 Buzz

Meredith Pearson said...

How much do you use WBT? I went through the book club this summer, and I am excited to implement more pieces of it into my classroom this year.

Kelley Baker said...

I am absolutely blown away by your work! Thank you for sharing. You made pinterest come alive. I have all the same pins but haven't been able to implement them. You are an inspiration.

I would love a peek at your reading plans. It's my hardest subject to plan as well. I feel like I am over thinking every concept or maybe the provided curriculum is just too overwhelming for me.

Post a Comment