We survived the first week of school!
Starting the year on Monday makes for a really long first week. It was a good one, but we were all tired by the end.
- setting up classroom routines
- began a little WBT (5 rules & Class; Yes)
- students applied for classroom jobs
- I assigned jobs based on applications
- the kids got on their MyKidsBank accounts
- we started XtraMath
- I introduced the kids to our iPads and my expectations (they were all over it!)
- we set up our Reading & Writing notebooks, Math notebooks, and Socials Studies notebooks
- we got on Edmodo for the first time
- I made a positive phone call to all the parents
- my kids did the pledge, thought of the day, and joke on the morning announcements
- we got a good start on the Daily 4
I have a great group of kids!
We completed our bar graph unit in our math journals. The culminating activity was creating a bar graph without my help. We didn't have time for them to create questions, too, but we will get to that this week.
I love it when I am grading and I have stacks like this:
The far right stack are As, the middle are Cs/Bs, and the left need some reteaching.
I think we had a very successful first week. I always forget how slow we move the first few weeks! I have to get these kids back in school shape! We move quickly and efficiently in my room. :)