Monday, September 2, 2013

September Currently

August went by way too fast.


LISTENING: I couldn't believe my ears when I started to hear the rumble of thunder and then the nice patter of rain on the roof. How nice to have rain! We have a chance tomorrow, but it should get up to 99 degrees, so it will be an icky rain.

LOVING: My new mail merge document for paychecks. I have been wanting to do this, but I have no experience with mail merge and just didn't want to mess with it. I came across this BLOG POST by the wonderful Katie Lyons at Teaching the Art of Possibility and I wanted it so bad!

I emailed her and she offered to share it with me because she wanted a proof reader before she put it on her TPT store. Score! I love it!


lyon_blog_button

This is what my finished product looks like. 
You can get a copy for $4.75  HERE! If you have a classroom economy, this is very much worth the money.

THINKING: It is horrible, but I am going up to school tomorrow. Yes it is a holiday, but I opted to go home on Friday instead of staying late and getting things ready for this week. I don't really mind. It is kind of nice to be up at the building almost alone. I seem to be more produtive that way.

WANTING: I didn't get either of those before the first week of school. Sad day. Maybe soon!

NEEDING: Hahaha. Here I am blogging at 1:00AM. Not helping the situation.

FOR MYSELF: These are all things that get pushed aside by school stuff. I will make a conscious effort to put school stuff away and recharge this year.

Go link up!


4 comments :

forkin4th said...

Hello!
I unfortunately, am so with you in knowing that I need to go into the classroom tomorrow so I'm fully prepared for the week ahead! We've recently had quite a wet past few days here in Arizona as well with our monsoon thunderstorms, but it's typical weather for us this time of year!
:) Have a great week!
Antonia @ forkin4th

Erin said...

Step away from the computer girl and go to bed early tonight! ;) I'm so glad you guys got some rain down there- y'all needed some relief!
Erin
Short and Sassy Teacher

Ms Apple Blossoms said...

Got to you through Farley :) I'm looking forward to rain...or at least cooler weather but that's a ways away. Don't work too long today...I'm more productive alone-ish at school too but I also tend to stay longer than one should so save some of the day for yourself :)

~ Ms Apple Blossoms
Apple Blossoms

Jamie knefely said...

I found you through the linky and am happy to say that I am your newest follower. I am also a second grade teacher. I was glad to hear at least someone is getting rain. My grass is so dry it makes a crunchy noise when I walk on it. I can't wait to read more post. I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog if you get a chance {us 2nd grader teachers need to stick together - ha}! Thanks for sharing.

Jamie
teachingtidbit.blogspot.com
teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

Post a Comment