Sunday, October 13, 2013

Summary lesson

This past week we also used our Pixar short films to write summaries. I use:
Somebody Wanted But So Then as a summary strategy.

I also add Beginning, Middle, and End to the saying. 

My kids hear this a lot during the year: "Summary is Somebody Wanted But So Then, Beginning, Middle, End."

Here are some examples. We did the first together, but the second is original to the student. The first summary is for Pigeon Impossible and the second is from Partly Cloudy.













2 comments :

Lisa Bee said...

Good idea! I like the way they put the SWBST right on the top of the page!
-Lisa
Grade 4 Buzz

AlyseC said...

Hi! I found you over at TBA. I wanted to let you know I am having a giveaway on my blog. Come and see!

Alyse
Keep Calm and Apple On

Post a Comment